From: robert bristow-johnson on
On Apr 11, 9:23 pm, Rick Lyons <R.Lyons@_BOGUS_ieee.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 10:05:53 -0500, Vladimir Vassilevsky
>

> <nos...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> >Greg Berchin wrote:

> >> Okay, who's who in the photo?
>
> >Left to right:
>
> >Grant Griffin, Yuriy Khapochkin, Rob Gaddi, Christopher Felton, Dale
> >Dalrymple, Maurice Givens, Al Clark, Jerry Avins, Daniel Umbach,
> >Vladimir Vassilevsky, Eric Jacobsen, Rick Lyons, Clay Turner.
>
> >Vladimir Vassilevsky
>
> Hi Vlad,
> That photo makes me think of the
> movie, "The Dirty Dozen."
>
> I say, Thanks Vlad for all your work,
> thanks to your lovely wife Lena for her
> "even more work" and her warm hospitality.
> Without you two there would not have been a
> conference at all.
>
> It was nice to meet Grant Griffin, and
> experience his calm, mild-mannered, humor
> and DSP wisdom. I was tickled to see Eric
> Jacobsen again, ...with his hearty laugh and
> his rational and tolerant opinions on signal
> processing and life in general. I enjoyed seeing
> Colonel Maurice Givens again and listening to
> his cogent insights on advanced signal processing.
> I was happy to see that Al Clark still has both
> red blood and hardcore DSP flowing in his veins.
> It was neat to meet DSP expert Dale Dalrymple.
> When I think of Dale the phrase "Renaissance man"
> comes to my mind. I enjoyed listening to Jerry
> Avins (a true "Mr. Wizard") and his stories. It was
> terrific to finally meet Clay Turner, and sit back
> and try to absorb an inkling of his brilliance,
> philosophy, and humor. And finally I met Vladimir.
> His technical expertise is well known to us all.
> I learned that Vladimir is *NOT* "Vlad the Impaler",
> but quite the opposite. He's both friendly and
> considerate, ... a sweet combination indeed!

where are the guns? i thought you guys were gonna be shooting guns.

r b-j
From: Shenzhi on
Haha,
Rick!
Seen this picture, it makes me think of the
movie, "Ocean's Thirteen."

From: Grant Griffin on
Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:

> robert bristow-johnson wrote:
>> i hope there weren't any shooting accidents. anybody bring their uzi?
>>

> http://www.abvolt.com/misc/compdsp2010.JPG
>
> More to follow.
>
> VLV

Darn, there goes 15 years of carefully cultivated Internet anonymity.
Might as well join Facebook and LinkedIn now... ;-)

And if any of you were interested in my other web ventures that I
mentioned, they're at:

http://zitiproject.org/
http://covertogether.com/

Grant

Grant R. Griffin
Publisher of dspGuru http://www.dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation http://www.iowegian.com
See http://www.iowegian.com/img/contact.gif for e-mail address
From: Greg Berchin on
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 20:26:06 -0700 (PDT), robert bristow-johnson
<rbj(a)audioimagination.com> wrote:

>where are the guns? i thought you guys were gonna be shooting guns.
>
>r b-j

Robert, I never knew that you had such a love of firearms. There is a range
about a mile from my house. Next time you drop by, maybe we can shoot some
paper.

Greg
From: Greg Berchin on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Internet,_nobody_knows_you%27re_a_dog