From: Lem on
mc wrote:
> Yes, every reboot since this morning.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>> Did it reappear on a second bootup?
>>
>> mc wrote:
>>
>>> My system is running XP Pro sp2 with the latest patch that I am aware of (I
>>> have automatic download on for updates). This morning the following error
>>> message popped up during the start up:
>>>
>>> he instructions at "0x7c918fea" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The
>>> memory could not be written.
>>>
>>> Cannot seem to find that error message in the Microsoft knowledge base.
>>> Would appreciate any insight.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Is there any more to the error message?

What, if anything, has changed since the last time you rebooted before
this started?

Do you have problems printing? If so, see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314073/en-us

--
Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

From: mc on
As far as I can tell, everything that's supposed to be running is running
just fine.

From: mc on
I can't remember, so I reboot to try to get the error message again, but now
it does not come up. This inconsistency is nuts.

The only new things installed recently was Diskkeeper, which I was not happy
with, uninstalled it and install PerfectDisk. But that was several days ago,
and the problem happened just this morning.

From: mc on
I installed and ran a memory tester, but comes up empty with no error detected.

From: mc on
I installed and ran a memory tester, but came up empty with no error detected.