From: Curt Christianson on
Sorry Bob,

*Two* mistakes in a row--way too much caffiene1

--
HTH,

Curt

http://dundats.mvps.org/
http://dundats.proboards27.com/index.cgi
http://www.aumha.org/

From: user on
Curt Christianson wrote:
> Sorry Bob,
>
> *Two* mistakes in a row--way too much caffiene1

some of that posting re memory not written
doesn't show on my reply...odd.

anyways...it's most likely due to an added
or new component installed that is trying
to place part of itself into a locked area,
or it's going completely out of bounds and
attempting to enter an area doesn't exist.
(mostly guesses from common experience)

hunt for
startup manager

and then check any new installed items in
systray (bottom right of display window)
if necessary press F8 (i think) during
pre boot of OS and enter safe mode then
remove the culprit (can always re install
the program later if you get wrong one).

then run sfc /check to ensure correct
system files are in use
system file checker

also try adaware (lavasoft free edition)
in case some malware is 'bugging' windows.

things like above should be edited for
clarity and sticky post made regularly.

hth

From: mc on
Thank you for the detailed advise. I am ploughing through them now.
Meanwhile I just noticed an interesting pattern, thought it might mean
something to you. The memory error and all the subsequent errors occurs when
cold boot (power off/on), but seems to cure itself when simply restart. It
comes back when power off/on again.

From: Bob I on
Humm, differences would be power draw, or spin up time on the Harddrive.
What happens if you open the BIOS during a cold boot, effecting a
time delay before windows tries to load?