From: Bob I on
DataSvr2 gets this info
http://www.castlecops.com/o23list-3055.html

But DgiVecp and SSPORT seem to be non XP related?

From: mc on
I recovered the full pop up error message from the event viewer:

==========
Application popup: Windows - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x7c918fea" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be
"written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
==========

From: nass on

Please read the info here and make the appropriate changes and Rebot your
machine:o
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1062655&SiteID=1

Let us know your progress.
nass
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

From: mc on
Sorry I can't seem to figure out how to attach the notepad file, so I am just
going to copy and paste directly into the body of this reply:

System Error/Warning Events
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7009
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:30:45 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the NICCONFIGSVC service to
connect. For more information, see Help and Support Center at
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:30:45 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The NICCONFIGSVC service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10010
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:30:53 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MOSES-D620
The server {E85062FB-914A-40A2-8801-5DD803045204} did not register with DCOM
within the required timeout.
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:32:29 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The Venturi Client service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1
time(s).
================
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Print
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:33:32 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MOSES-D620
Printer Driver Dell Laser Printer 5100cn PCL6 for Windows NT x86 Version-2
was added or updated. Files:- dlxcrzhk.dll, dlxcrzhu.dll, dlxcrzp.ddd,
dlxcrz.hlp, dlxcrzhl.dll, dlxcrzhm.dll, dlxcrjdm.dll, dlxcrzhr.xrs,
dllzjnie.dll, dlzddmif.dll, dlzdhb32.dll, dllznie1.dll, dlzpmc2.dll,
dlzadcmn.dll, dlzarl32.dll, dlzC5102.dll, dlxcrz.cfg, dlxcrz.cnt, dlxcrz.xrs,
dlxcrz.cdd.
================
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:54:31 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:54:31 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The DgiVecp service failed to start due to the following error:
================
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:54:31 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The SSPORT service failed to start due to the following error:
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event Category: None
Event ID: 32
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:55:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error
was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event Category: None
Event ID: 59
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:55:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC. Reference error
message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event Category: None
Event ID: 59
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:55:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Generate Activation Context failed for
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.MFC_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_x-ww_dec6ddd2\MFC80.DLL.
Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.
================

No Security Error/Warning Events
================

Application Error/Warning Events:
================
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ
Event Category: (8)
Event ID: 19011
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:29:32 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see
Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
(SpnRegister) : Error 1355.
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: AutoEnrollment
Event Category: None
Event ID: 15
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:30:30 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the
active directory (0x8007054b). The specified domain either does not exist or
could not be contacted.
Enrollment will not be performed.
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: (101)
Event ID: 1002
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:32:12 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Hanging application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 11.0.8169.0, hang module hungapp,
version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang
0010: 20 20 4f 55 54 4c 4f 4f OUTLOO
0018: 4b 2e 45 58 45 20 31 31 K.EXE 11
0020: 2e 30 2e 38 31 36 39 2e .0.8169.
0028: 30 20 69 6e 20 68 75 6e 0 in hun
0030: 67 61 70 70 20 30 2e 30 gapp 0.0
0038: 2e 30 2e 30 20 61 74 20 .0.0 at
0040: 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 offset 0
0048: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 0000000
================
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1517
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:33:38 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MOSES-D620
Windows saved user OXXFORDNJ\MCheung registry while an application or
service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the
user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is
no longer in use.
This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring
the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Office 11
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2001
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:38:15 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Rejected Safe Mode action : Microsoft Office Outlook.
================

Will try system restore next, although that may not show anything now
because I have rebooted a number of times today, and the last reboot did not
have the "0x7c918fea" related pop up error.

From: nass on

Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:30:45 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the NICCONFIGSVC service to
connect.

NICCONFIGSVC: is the Power management settings for network adapters on Dell
systems.

================
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:30:45 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The NICCONFIGSVC service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.

Event ID 7000 appears in the System log and the ISA Server Storage service
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884495

Event ID 7009 — Basic Service Operations
http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/library/611a83e2-02de-4f9a-996a-0022c4f2fbe31033.mspx?mfr=true

================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10010
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:30:53 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MOSES-D620
The server {E85062FB-914A-40A2-8801-5DD803045204} did not register with DCOM
within the required timeout.

Make sure the "Windows Management Instrumentation Service" is Started Auto

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1453453&SiteID=1

An event ID 10010 error message may be logged many times in the event log
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909444

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873375

================
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:32:29 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The Venturi Client service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1
time(s).

Update the software for Venturi:
http://www.venturiwireless.com

================
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Print
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:33:32 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MOSES-D620
Printer Driver Dell Laser Printer 5100cn PCL6 for Windows NT x86 Version-2
was added or updated. Files:- dlxcrzhk.dll, dlxcrzhu.dll, dlxcrzp.ddd,
dlxcrz.hlp, dlxcrzhl.dll, dlxcrzhm.dll, dlxcrjdm.dll, dlxcrzhr.xrs,
dllzjnie.dll, dlzddmif.dll, dlzdhb32.dll, dllznie1.dll, dlzpmc2.dll,
dlzadcmn.dll, dlzarl32.dll, dlzC5102.dll, dlxcrz.cfg, dlxcrz.cnt, dlxcrz.xrs,
dlxcrz.cdd.

This a warning can be ignored if you don't have problem with the printer.

================
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:54:31 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The DataSvr2 service failed to start due to the following error:

Do you have Wave Systems Corp: An identity protection application installed
on your system?.

================
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:54:31 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The DgiVecp service failed to start due to the following error:

Open Services control panel and Disable this service there.

<MS::>
From: Shain Wray (shainw_at_microsoft.com)

Hello,

It looks like this is a driver that is failing to startup - dgivecp.sys.
It appears to be installed from either ViewAhead's TeamMFP software or some
FujiXerox Workcenter app. Either way, as this is not a Microsoft driver,
then you can disable it if you do not have an application dependency on it.
You could test this by disabling the driver by doing the following -

1. Go to Start\Run and type devmgmt.msc
2. Click on View and choose to Show Hidden Devices
3. Now click the plus next to Non-Plug and Play Drivers
4. Do you now see an items listed as DGIVecp? If not, we will have to see
what this is associated with by going to the registry.

If we need to go into the registry, go to the following location -

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
2. Look for an entry listed as DgiVecp
3. If you find this, then change the Start data value to 4.
4. Reboot the system and see if the message is gone.

Let me know how this goes.

Best regards,

--
Shain Wray
Microsoft PSS Security Team

================
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:54:31 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The SSPORT service failed to start due to the following error:

The same steps as:
"The DgiVecp service failed to start due ...... as above"

================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event Category: None
Event ID: 32
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:55:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC could not be found and Last Error
was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=59&eventno=4228&source=SideBySide&phase=1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&displaylang=en
http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=8&t=13581
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event Category: None
Event ID: 59
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 12:55:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC. Reference error
message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923014

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=118163
================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: SideBySide
Event Category: None
Event ID: 59

Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:29:32 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see
Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
(SpnRegister) : Error 1355.

The MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM service may log event warning 19011 in the event
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828246

An "Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$MSFW ) cannot be found" message
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840473
How to troubleshoot Business Contact Manager Setup issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/901163

================
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:30:30 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Automatic certificate enrollment for local system failed to contact the
active directory (0x8007054b). The specified domain either does not exist or
could not be contacted.
Enrollment will not be performed.

Certificate Autoenrollment in Windows Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/autoenro.mspx

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=15&eventno=1397&source=AutoEnrollment&phase=1

================
Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:32:12 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Hanging application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 11.0.8169.0, hang module hungapp,
version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Do a repair on Office Suite

================
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1517

Date: 1/17/2008
Time: 8:38:15 AM
User: N/A
Computer: MOSES-D620
Rejected Safe Mode action : Microsoft Office Outlook.

The reinstall or Repair of Office XP suite will resolve the problem.

Make sure the machine is malware/virus free.
HTH.
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk