From: Gaby Vanhegan on

On 4 Jan 2010, at 13:43, Kenneth Marshall wrote:

> I will chime in with a recommendation for mailman. It is easy to
> setup and run.

I'd suggest mlmmj, it works like ezmlm but doesn't require a web interface like mailman and works great with Postfix.

Gaby.

--
Expounding the theory of infinite Abelian Badgers
http://playr.co.uk/

From: Jerry on
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:01:00 +0000
Gaby Vanhegan <gaby(a)vanhegan.net> replied:

>I'd suggest mlmmj, it works like ezmlm but doesn't require a web
>interface like mailman and works great with Postfix.

Personally, I have used DADA Mail in the past. It is written in Perl
and has a web interface for most common configuration settings.
Obviously, it can be configured manually. In fact, some settings are
not exposed in the web interface. Plus, it works fine with Postfix.

<http://dadamailproject.com/>

--
Jerry
postfix.user(a)yahoo.com

Yeah, but you're taking the universe out of context.

From: Gaby Vanhegan on

On 4 Jan 2010, at 14:53, Jerry wrote:

> Personally, I have used DADA Mail in the past. It is written in Perl
> and has a web interface for most common configuration settings.
> Obviously, it can be configured manually. In fact, some settings are
> not exposed in the web interface. Plus, it works fine with Postfix.
>
> <http://dadamailproject.com/>

I have a preference for MLMs that manage themselves. Having a web interface means that you usually need use some complicated trickery to put a working copy of perl/python/whatever inside the web chroot, I'm a big fan of keeping the two services apart.

MLMs that are email/self managed are slightly less user friendly but more secure for my purposes.

--
Uganda Maximum - Enemy of the English Thrust
http://www.playr.co.uk/

From: richard lucassen on
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:01:00 +0000
Gaby Vanhegan <gaby(a)vanhegan.net> wrote:

> > I will chime in with a recommendation for mailman. It is easy to
> > setup and run.
>

> I'd suggest mlmmj, it works like ezmlm but doesn't require a web
> interface like mailman and works great with Postfix.

Thnx to everyone. I think mailman and mlmmj are good suggestions. I'll
examine all of these and I'll choose the one that fits best to this
rather particular purpose.

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.

| Richard Lucassen, Utrecht |
| Public key and email address: |
| http://www.lucassen.org/mail-pubkey.html |

From: Gaby Vanhegan on

On 4 Jan 2010, at 19:23, richard lucassen wrote:

> Thnx to everyone. I think mailman and mlmmj are good suggestions. I'll
> examine all of these and I'll choose the one that fits best to this
> rather particular purpose.

Mailman is a python app, mlmmj is a native C app that works through a local postfix alias.

If you're interested, I have a nice script that sets up mlmmj instances very easily.

G.

--
Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
http://www.playr.co.uk/