From: CQ on
HI all,

I know that this is an OLD thread. However, I was encountering this for the
last two months. The resolution for me was that I had a virus on the machine
called "System Security" which just blocked updates. No other errors to
speak of. Thanks Geoff for your post since it is what drove me down the
virus path.

From: XxPaper-HeartXx on
i'm having the same problem u have and i'm really freaked out right now
because this laptop isn't mine, and i have 2 return it 2 its owner 2morrow so
i need any help i can get & thx

From: XxPaper-HeartXx on
i forgot 2 mention that since this problem started while trying 2 install
microsoft .net framework 3.5 service pack 1 x86 i couldn't get any sound from
the laptop i can't hear anything and i can't play anything thru windows
media player i don't know whats wrong but i'm freaked out

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You're posting "Me, too!" replies to a thread from September 2007! To avoid
further confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2)
in your first post.

PS: I think you're gonna be needing a new friend by Monday.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

XxPaper-HeartXx wrote:
> i forgot 2 mention that since this problem started while trying 2 install
> microsoft .net framework 3.5 service pack 1 x86 i couldn't get any sound
> from the laptop i can't hear anything and i can't play anything thru
> windows media player i don't know whats wrong but i'm freaked out
>
>> i'm having the same problem u have and i'm really freaked out right now
>> because this laptop isn't mine, and i have 2 return it 2 its owner
>> 2morrow
>> so i need any help i can get & thx
<snip hijacked thread>

From: Kafe Sure on
The sfc/scannow solution worked for me (after I had discovered how to turn
off Account settings - via the Control panel). I then only had 4 downloads
that had failed, instead of 39 but I also had a new error message!!! After
rebooting I had around 43 failed downloads. None of the suggestions so far
have helped with this new error code: 80070002, so I am trawling through this
forum again, just before I bin my laptop.

Kafe