From: Marc A. Criley on
On 07/03/2010 04:50 PM, anon(a)att.net wrote:

> The mid-course correction type of systems is outdated

Again... "obviously unfamiliar with the field".

IFTUs are utilized by deployed missile systems, today, and will be for
years to come. And are utilized by new and upgraded missile designs.

> and has been reported that it has been hacked

By whom? When? What was the nature of the "hack"? Was it done in a
government defense lab to assess vulnerability? Did it happen on a
battlefield somewhere? Cite a trustworthy source of such a "report".

Any "outdated system" that works is better than one that exists only as
a proposal or in theory.

Marc A. Criley
From: anon on
In <m2y6drwk3p.fsf(a)pushface.org>, Simon Wright <simon(a)pushface.org> writes:
>anon(a)att.net writes:
>
>> But what we we talking about was the use of IP. And at the movements
>> most embedded processors have built in serial port and some even come
>> will parallel port, so why add extra layer of hardware and software
>> with their problems when it is not needed. In simplistic terms just
>> add a digital radio receiver and your good to go.
>
>AAARGH! The comms link to the missile doesn't use IP! Neither Marc nor I
>said it did!

If you check back you were te first, to bring up "IP".

sjw <simon.j.wright(a)mac.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 03:45:26 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 19:53:32 +0100

>I said "IP" which means "Internet Protocol". Never for one moment
>did I suggest that such a system would be connected to the Internet.

So, now you are trying to say you did not talk about "IP".

"IP" ("Internet Protocol") is a protocol that is use on network cards
or network modems. Now ISDN, is an example of a network where most of
its modem is normally connected to the system through an serial
interface. In a ISDN system the network uses an "Internet Protocol"
but on the serial sise it uses a different communication protocol than
"IP". But the ISDN modem or any other network card/modem/Wifi might
be weight difference between a getting the job done or giving the technology
to the guy you were trying to kill.

From: anon on
In <ca786$4c30ca52$433a4efa$4690(a)API-DIGITAL.COM>, "Marc A. Criley" <mcNOSPAM(a)mckae.com> writes:
>On 07/03/2010 04:50 PM, anon(a)att.net wrote:
>
>> The mid-course correction type of systems is outdated
>
>Again... "obviously unfamiliar with the field".
>
>IFTUs are utilized by deployed missile systems, today, and will be for
>years to come. And are utilized by new and upgraded missile designs.
>
> > and has been reported that it has been hacked
>
>By whom? When? What was the nature of the "hack"? Was it done in a
>government defense lab to assess vulnerability? Did it happen on a
>battlefield somewhere? Cite a trustworthy source of such a "report".

I do not remember who said but it under the Bush jr. administration
and they said that the missile were hack. This was reported at the
end of Bush jr first term.

Also, if a person works in the R&D for a missile, you know the paper
work a person signs keeps that person from giving too many details,
unless they would like to be charge with Treason.

>Any "outdated system" that works is better than one that exists only as
>a proposal or in theory.
>
>Marc A. Criley

Yes, outdated. The gov't wants their young fighter who are great at
video-game war to use be remote controlled missile. A few can act
like 100s of fighters, but that has been hack. So, the gov't now into
pattern recognition, where a missile is given a set of pictures, etc. and
let that puppy go hunting. The system would pick the first, if
possible do it job, if not goes find the second on the list, and
so on through the list until the job is done or the list is empty or its
out of range then it self-destruct to keep the technology from the wrong
hands.
The idea is to kill the CEO and its "board of directories" with a few
"stock holders" to boot and no more war with little to no passer-by
being hurt. Just a "Nice and Clean" kill.

But pattern recognition will never be 100 percent. And the general
public say no to this technology because this type of killing is
inhumane. War is suppose to be messy not clean and it over quickly.
The clean type of war allows a war to last 10, 25 or even a 100 plus
years. And the people were are fighting now would love a 100 years
war, they would win in the end because the world will turn against us
by that time.

But lets get back to Ada. because this is Ada's newsgroup not a weapons
newsgroup. And weapons are only one of many things that Ada can be
great at, if its allowed to be. If people start creating libraries instead of
just binders for other languages.

From: Marc A. Criley on
On 07/04/2010 06:22 PM, anon(a)att.net wrote:
> In<ca786$4c30ca52$433a4efa$4690(a)API-DIGITAL.COM>, "Marc A. Criley"<mcNOSPAM(a)mckae.com> writes:
>> By whom? When? What was the nature of the "hack"? Was it done in a
>> government defense lab to assess vulnerability? Did it happen on a
>> battlefield somewhere? Cite a trustworthy source of such a "report".
>
> I do not remember who said but it under the Bush jr. administration
> and they said that the missile were hack. This was reported at the
> end of Bush jr first term.

"I do not remember who said..."

"they said..."

"This was reported..."

Pffffft. Silly anon. I make a simple request:

>>Cite a trustworthy source of such a "report".

> Also, if a person works in the R&D for a missile, you know the paper
> work a person signs keeps that person from giving too many details,
> unless they would like to be charge with Treason.

It's not limited to R&D. And it's not the paperwork that a person signs,
it's the security clearance they possess that protects such information.
And while violating one's clearance would subject them to potentially
serious penalties, the nature of the violation would have to be quite
egregious to rise to the level of Treason.

>> Any "outdated system" that works is better than one that exists only as
>> a proposal or in theory.
>
> Yes, outdated. The gov't wants their young fighter who are great at
> video-game war to use be remote controlled missile. A few can act
> like 100s of fighters, but that has been hack. So, the gov't now into
> pattern recognition, where a missile is given a set of pictures, etc. and
> let that puppy go hunting. The system would pick the first, if
> possible do it job, if not goes find the second on the list, and
> so on through the list until the job is done or the list is empty or its
> out of range then it self-destruct to keep the technology from the wrong
> hands.

(I know I'm playing a fool's game, but it's a holiday weekend so I
figure 'what the hell?' :-)

You are so phenomenally ignorant of missile technology that it's
laughable. Actually, it's not the ignorance that's laughable, it's your
pretentiousness in supposing yourself in any way knowledgeable enough in
this area to go into a public forum--albeit using your silly
pseudonym--and declaim upon matters of which every word demonstrates
your ignorance.

I give you points for chutzpah, not many are willing to publicly
proclaim their ignorance with such verve and vigor!

Marc A. Criley
From: Simon Wright on
*plonk*