From: Hikaru Masayoshi on
On Jul 22, 8:58 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You may have heard in freshman physics that the zero point of
> > > potential is physically arbitary. In all interactions, the only thing
> > > that is important is the *change* in potential energy between initial
> > > and final states, and that number is independent of the overall scale..
>
> > Well, you don’t answer my question, but what you say is compatible
> > with an infinite value for U(r) when r tends to infinite (any
> > arbitrary additive constant doesn’t change the infinite).
>
> Read what I wrote. U(r)=0 is quite finite.

i disagree, only if U is a conservative function

nothing tells you that electron-positron obeys
conservative functions over large distances, universe

maybe you are not quite familiar with mathematics
From: valls on
On 22 jul, 13:58, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You may have heard in freshman physics that the zero point of
> > > potential is physically arbitary. In all interactions, the only thing
> > > that is important is the *change* in potential energy between initial
> > > and final states, and that number is independent of the overall scale..
>
> > Well, you don’t answer my question, but what you say is compatible
> > with an infinite value for U(r) when r tends to infinite (any
> > arbitrary additive constant doesn’t change the infinite).
>
> Read what I wrote. U(r)=0 is quite finite.

I don’t understand your comment. When you write U(r)=0 you are only
assigning to U(r) the finite value 0 at some arbitrary r. What
relation do you establish between this and my question (not answered
by you yet) about if exist or not a finite maximal limit value for
U(r) when r tends to infinite? My last comment is related with the
fact that if any finite value is selected for the arbitrary r, this is
compatible with an infinite value for U(r) when r tends to infinite
(and not compatible if the arbitrary r is infinite).

From: PD on
On Jul 23, 7:25 am, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:
> On 22 jul, 13:58, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Well, you don’t answer my question, but what you say is compatible
> > > with an infinite value for U(r) when r tends to infinite (any
> > > arbitrary additive constant doesn’t change the infinite).
>
> > Read what I wrote. U(r)=0 is quite finite.
>
> I don’t understand your comment. When you write U(r)=0 you are only
> assigning to U(r) the finite value 0 at some arbitrary r.

Yes, and for example, it is often customary to set U(r)=0 when
r=infinite.

> What
> relation do you establish between this and my question (not answered
> by you yet) about if exist or not a finite maximal limit value for
> U(r) when r tends to infinite?

Now do you see?

Have you NEVER studied out of a freshman physics text?

From: Dono. on
On Jul 23, 6:40 am, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 7:25 am, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:

> > > Read what I wrote. U(r)=0 is quite finite.
>
> > I don’t understand your comment. When you write U(r)=0 you are only
> > assigning to U(r) the finite value 0 at some arbitrary r.
>
> Yes, and for example, it is often customary to set U(r)=0 when
> r=infinite.
>
> > What
> > relation do you establish between this and my question (not answered
> > by you yet) about if exist or not a finite maximal limit value for
> > U(r) when r tends to infinite?
>
> Now do you see?
>
> Have you NEVER studied out of a freshman physics text?

He has no books, the only thing he has in Cuba is the free paper from
1905. This is all he can study.
From: valls on
On 23 jul, 08:40, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 7:25 am, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:

> > > Read what I wrote. U(r)=0 is quite finite.
>
> > I don’t understand your comment. When you write U(r)=0 you are only
> > assigning to U(r) the finite value 0 at some arbitrary r.
>
> Yes, and for example, it is often customary to set U(r)=0 when
> r=infinite.
>
> > What
> > relation do you establish between this and my question (not answered
> > by you yet) about if exist or not a finite maximal limit value for
> > U(r) when r tends to infinite?
>
> Now do you see?
>
> Have you NEVER studied out of a freshman physics text?

I continue without seeing an answer from you to my original questions
opening this thread. To say that it is often customary to set U(r)=0
when r=infinite is not an answer at all. You say in a previous post
that to put U(r)=0 when r=infinite is only a choice among others. If
we set per example U(1)=0, that says nothing about the value of U(r)
when r=infinite.
Is so difficult to you to answer my original questions? If following
you, this can be found in a freshman physics text, what excuse has you
to not put your answers here? I showed you already the way to know my
own ones.