From: valls on
I suppose we are all in agreement about the increase of U(r) with an
increase of r. Has U(r) a finite maximal limit value when r tends to
infinite? In case of positive answer, which is that maximal value?
From: dlzc on
Dear va...:

On Jul 16, 12:16 pm, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:
> I suppose we are all in agreement about the
> increase of U(r) with an increase of r. Has
> U(r) a finite maximal limit value when r
> tends to infinite?

r probably will tend to a maximum at r_U (radius of the Universe, in a
non-expanding, flat Universe), and r_U may be a function of time as
well, in this Universe. If one of the charges moves across the
Rindler horizon of the other...

> In case of positive answer, which is that
> maximal value?

That'll probably depend on when you ask. But I'd think it will
asymptotically approach some value with increasing values of r.

David A. Smith
From: valls on
On 16 jul, 15:13, dlzc <dl...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> Dear va...:
>
> On Jul 16, 12:16 pm, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:
>
> > I suppose we are all in agreement about the
> > increase of U(r) with an increase of r. Has
> > U(r) a finite maximal limit value when r
> > tends to infinite?
>
> r probably will tend to a maximum at r_U (radius of the Universe, in a
> non-expanding, flat Universe), and r_U may be a function of time as
> well, in this Universe.  If one of the charges moves across the
> Rindler horizon of the other...
>
> > In case of positive answer, which is that
> > maximal value?
>
> That'll probably depend on when you ask.  But I'd think it will
> asymptotically approach some value with increasing values of r.
>
> David A. Smith

Even using modern cosmology, you give only a naive answer. I was
waiting a much more detailed answer, a quantitative one related with
the electron known intrinsic constants. Maybe this is an open problem
in today Physics? I found a very simple answer using only 1905
Relativity: 2m_e c^2, where m_e is the today rest mass of a free
electron. By the way, this quantity seems to coincide with the today
experimentally measured one for the photons resulting from electron-
positron annihilation.

RVHG (Rafael Valls Hidalgo-Gato)
From: Dono. on
On Jul 16, 12:16 pm, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:
> I suppose we are all in agreement about the increase of U(r) with an
> increase of r.

No, imbecile, the potential DECRESES with distance. No one agrees with
your idiocies.
From: dlzc on
Dear va...:

On Jul 19, 4:24 am, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:
> On 16 jul, 15:13,dlzc<dl...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> > On Jul 16, 12:16 pm, va...(a)icmf.inf.cu wrote:
>
> > > I suppose we are all in agreement about the
> > > increase of U(r) with an increase of r. Has
> > > U(r) a finite maximal limit value when r
> > > tends to infinite?
>
> > r probably will tend to a maximum at r_U
> > (radius of the Universe, in a non-expanding,
> > flat Universe), and r_U may be a function of
> > time as well, in this Universe.  If one of
> > the charges moves across the Rindler horizon
> > of the other...
>
> > > In case of positive answer, which is that
> > > maximal value?
>
> > That'll probably depend on when you ask.
> > But I'd think it will asymptotically approach
> > some value with increasing values of r.
>
> Even using modern cosmology, you give only a
> naive answer. I was waiting a much more
> detailed answer, a quantitative one related with
> the electron known intrinsic constants.

Then maybe you'll need to develop this answer yourself.

> Maybe this is an open problem in today Physics?

Finding the size of the Universe is, yes.

> I found a very simple answer using only 1905
> Relativity:

Who cares about your insistence on 105 year old physics? Why did I
know you were going to drag this back to your old stomping grounds?

David A. Smith