From: Bill on
OK, I've downloaded and installed Office 2003 File Converter Pack, but this
has had no apparent effect whatsoever on the problem.

From: david on

"Bill" <Bill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK, I've downloaded and installed Office 2003 File Converter Pack, but
> this
> has had no apparent effect whatsoever on the problem.

OK, label's too big, image too small. What kind of graphics card in the
laptop? Is there a different version of the graphics driver you can try?
When you say Label is too big, you mean that Font is correct in proportion
to the form, but the box is too big? And other controls (combo, textbox) are
the correct size?

(david)

From: Bill on
David,

Just a thought.....

If this is a problem of the Graphics Filter, would the problem carry over
into Word ? (Word 2003 from the same Office installation).

If so, then we are barking up the wrong tree as Word docs with jpegs are
displaying just fine.

From: Bill on
David,

I guess all things are relative.

Relative to form size, all controls are the correct size. Since the images
are sized to the width of the image boxes, I can compare the Windows Picture
Viewer display to the displayed image box size (in Design View) and they
agree, so I think I can safely say that the images as presented by Access are
undersize rather than other things being displayed enlarged.

The label boxes still indicate the correct size and font properties, but the
displayed size has grown to the point that the label text no longer fits
within the label box size (and is therefore cropped). I'm now a little unsure
about the font size within the text boxes, so I'll check on that and get back.

I'm unsure of the Graphics Card installed, however, would not such an issue
be system wide, or at least Microsoft Office wide, rather than being solely
confined to Access?

From: Risse on

"Bill" <Bill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti
viestiss�:177B587C-6D5E-4DB4-9ECB-4E59ED90D4F7(a)microsoft.com...
> David,
>
> I honestly don't know.
>
> However, the db has been running quite successfully on the XP desktop for
> more than six years, quite successfully displaying jpegs (which jpegs
> dependent upon file names included in db records).
>
> The installation is from the same original disc (which includes Office
> SP3).
> Note that the jpegs are being displayed quite successfully on the Laptop,
> but at approx 50% of real size (in comparison to WPV and the Access Image
> Box
> size)
>
> I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that I wrote this database, and
> designed the forms as they are because Access 2003 DID support jpegs.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Lahore Links Status
Next: Expression Builder in Query