From: Bill on
I am attempting to run Access 2003 with XP on a desktop and Windows 7 on my
laptop (the database is on a portable external drive and the same version of
Access 2003 on both computers. The forms were created on the XP equipped
desktop and contain among other items, labels and image boxes.

All works according to plan on the XP Desktop.

My problem is that on the Windows 7 laptop, the labels are too large in
relation to form layout and to the specified font sizes of text boxes.

More importantly images are being displayed at approx 50% of their real size
(in relation to the form and also in relation to display using Windows Photo
Viewer - the image boxes were sized around the standardized size images -
ie:- the image boxes are the correct size). So, the labels are too large and
the images are too small!

Obviously I don't wish to maintain two sets (10s of thousands) of different
sized images - is there a solution to this one?
From: Sylvain Lafontaine on
Check the DPI (Dot Per Inch setting) of your display to see if they are
different. Because of various DPI between different machines; any attempt
to make a close relationship between the size of images and of the font size
and text boxes is usually very difficult.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform

From: Bill on
Thanks Sylvain,

Both displays are set at 96 dpi.

I would also stress that Access and Windows Photo Viewer are displaying
different sizes for the same image on the laptop (ie:- shrunken in Access
relative to WPV and the Access image box dimensions), but the same size on
the desktop.

So it definitely seems to be some interaction between Access 2003 and
Windows 7 rather than being a general problem with the laptop's display.

From: david on
What kind of image? BMP, JPEG?

(david)

From: jean felix on

"Bill" <Bill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : C7182A1C-C589-4DCB-9EF7-9B46897DA8AF(a)microsoft.com...
> I am attempting to run Access 2003 with XP on a desktop and Windows 7 on
> my
> laptop (the database is on a portable external drive and the same version
> of
> Access 2003 on both computers. The forms were created on the XP equipped
> desktop and contain among other items, labels and image boxes.
>
> All works according to plan on the XP Desktop.
>
> My problem is that on the Windows 7 laptop, the labels are too large in
> relation to form layout and to the specified font sizes of text boxes.
>
> More importantly images are being displayed at approx 50% of their real
> size
> (in relation to the form and also in relation to display using Windows
> Photo
> Viewer - the image boxes were sized around the standardized size images -
> ie:- the image boxes are the correct size). So, the labels are too large
> and
> the images are too small!
>
> Obviously I don't wish to maintain two sets (10s of thousands) of
> different
> sized images - is there a solution to this one?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Lahore Links Status
Next: Expression Builder in Query