From: Raymond Yohros on
On Mar 12, 11:55 am, Vladimir Vassilevsky <nos...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> > Or don't you consider new knowledge about fundamental particle
> > interactions new knowledge?
>
> The results will be inconclusive as usual. There would be offered 10
> explanations why, published 10000 papers, and, after passionate
> discussions at symposiums, everyone will agree that the LHC design was
> wrong and insufficient and yet larger colider has to be built. This time
> it must be a break through, we know this for sure, etc. etc.

i dont believe in "Bigger Is Better"
but ONLY in the case of cyclotrons. im sure the lhc is in
BB territory. there is NO need to ever go bigger
than this.

if there is, then the whole approach
we know of particle physics reaserch is going
through a dead end and the only way
out its with a new approach.

r.y
From: Sam Wormley on
On 3/13/10 5:19 PM, Raymond Yohros wrote:
> im sure the lhc is in
> BB territory. there is NO need to ever go bigger
> than this.

The LHC temps are many orders of magnitude below those
of the very early universe. Even cosmic rays are 6-12
orders of magnitude greater than the LHC.

From: BillyGates on
Magnetic wrote:
> On Mar 10, 7:50 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mar 10, 7:11 am, Magnetic <magnetic.t...(a)yandex.ua> wrote:
>>

>>> I�m scared, but can not do anything, - all ways lead to catastrophe.
>>
>> This line was your most honest and straightforward. Yes, it's obvious
>> you are scared out of your wits. Yes, it's good that you realize
>> there is nothing dramatic you should do.
>>
>> You should get help for your mental state, to get rid of your panicky
>> anxiety, and to learn how to recognize when you are pinning your
>> fears irrationally on something that doesn't deserve it.
>
> Thank you. I have a small hope that physicists of CERN would
> understand that they can explode the Earth with probability of about
> 50%, and stop the LHC.

What your saying is that you have a 50% chance to be wrong... so when you
are you can use the power of probability to validate your claim and still be
right?

From: Raymond Yohros on
On Mar 13, 4:09 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/13/10 5:19 PM, Raymond Yohros wrote:
>
> >   im sure the lhc is in
> > BB territory. there is NO need to ever go bigger
> > than this.
>
>    The LHC temps are many orders of magnitude below those
>    of the very early universe. Even cosmic rays are 6-12
>    orders of magnitude greater than the LHC.

just like thunder is as hot as the surface
of the sun, if you where to compare the highest temps
on the lhc with the lowest temps stages of the bb
how much will the diference be?

remember that in the lhc its only for
a fraction of a second.

r.y
From: Magnetic on
The behavior of dangerous condensate, which are bombarded by eV or TeV
particles, is analogues to behavior of another condensate – nucleus,
consisting of protons and antiprotons. Let’s suppose that atmosphere
consists of protons and stable neutrons.

It is theoretically permitted that in the collision of cosmic proton
and atmospheric proton, some number (n) of pairs of nuclei and
antinuclei were created. Let the nucleus is Hg; the antinucleus is
Hg~.

Answer the questions, if you are a physicist, on the following
questions:
1. What is the minimal energy of cosmic proton in order to make a
reaction:
p+p+?TeV= n(Hg+Hg~).
2. What is the kinetic energy of protons of atmosphere relatively
these “cosmo-atmospheric” Hg packs of nuclei and antinueclei?
3. What will happen to nuclei? Will they grow or will be ruined?

And the same questions for the same reaction on collider.

Are consequences for condensates, created at “cosmo-atmospheric”
collision, analogues to that, which were made on the collider?

Dangerous condensates:

1/ Magnetic hole.
Creation:
p + p + ? TeV = p + p + M_{n}
Growth:
M_{n} + p = M_{n+1} + e^{+} + 300 MeV,
M_{n+1} + p = M_{n+2} + e^{+} + 300 MeV,
…
Explosion of Earth.
…

2/ Pure strange matter.
Creation:
p + p + ?TeV = p + p + N(uds) + N(u~d~s~)
Growth:
N(uds) + p = (N+1)(uds) + K^{+} = (N+1)(uds) + e^{+} + 500 MeV.
(N+1)(uds) + n = (N+2)(uds) + K^{0} = (N+2)(uds) + 500 MeV.
…
Explosion of Earth.
…

3/ Mixed subnuclear condensates.