From: Sam Wormley on
On 3/13/10 7:36 PM, Raymond Yohros wrote:

> just like thunder is as hot as the surface
> of the sun, if you where to compare the highest temps
> on the lhc with the lowest temps stages of the bb
> how much will the diference be?

Thunder (sound) doesn't exhibit much of a temperature increase
in and of itself. The energy of an average 3 mile-long lightning
strike is one billion to ten billion joules--6.24 x 10^16 TeV, but
spread out over much greater time and space as compared to a 7 TeV
proton-proton collision.

From: Magnetic on
Here is not complete list of your potential killers: 2003 J.-P.
Blaizot, J. Iliopoulos, J. Madsen, G.G. Ross, P. Sonderegger, H.-J.
Specht. 2008 John Ellis, Gian Giudice, Michelangelo Mangano, Igor
Tkachev, and Urs Wiedemann. And of course, Rolf Heuer, director of
CERN, who neglects the opinion of physicists, saying about dangers of
LHC.
The crudest error, made by them, is equating of the consequences of
collider collisions with cosmo-atmospheric collisions. To see the
difference between these consequences look my model with two 10-kg
bottles with neutrons. You will see that the bottle, corresponding to
cosmic rays, will be safe. But the bottle, corresponding to LHC
collisions, will transform the town into Hiroshima.
Here are some CERN addresses. Write them and demand to stop the
Collider. Otherwise they kill us all with probability about several
dozens of percents.
rolf.heuer(at)cern.ch, cern.reception(at)cern.ch,
visits.service(at)cern.ch, press.office(at)cern.ch,
john.ellis(at)cern.ch, jean-pierre.koutchouk(at)cern.ch

rudiger.voss(at)cern.ch, patricia.mage(at)cern.ch,
felicitas.pauss(at)cern.ch, external.relations(at)cern.ch, council-
president(at)cern.ch, fc-chairman(at)cern.ch, spc-chairman(at)cern.ch,
scientific-secretary(at)cern.ch, council-secretariat(at)cern.ch

Here are some phones of your potential killers:

CERN CH-1211 Genève 23 Switzerland. +41 22 76 761 11
Organisation Européenne pour la Recherche Nucléaire F-01631 CERN Cedex
France Telephone Switchboard: +41 22 76 761 11 Central Fax: +41 22 76
765 55
Visitors Reception. Telephone number:+41 22 76 766 49
Visits Service. Telephone number: +41 22 767 8484, Fax: +41 22 767
8710
Press Office. Telephone number: 41 22 767 3432 / 2141 Fax: +41 22 785
0247

Stop global suicide!
From: Sam Wormley on
On 3/14/10 10:31 AM, Magnetic wrote:
> Here is not complete list of your potential killers: 2003 J.-P.
> Blaizot, J. Iliopoulos, J. Madsen, G.G. Ross, P. Sonderegger, H.-J.
> Specht. 2008 John Ellis, Gian Giudice, Michelangelo Mangano, Igor
> Tkachev, and Urs Wiedemann. And of course, Rolf Heuer, director of
> CERN, who neglects the opinion of physicists, saying about dangers of
> LHC.
> The crudest error, made by them, is equating of the consequences of
> collider collisions with cosmo-atmospheric collisions. To see the
> difference between these consequences look my model with two 10-kg
> bottles with neutrons. You will see that the bottle, corresponding to
> cosmic rays, will be safe. But the bottle, corresponding to LHC
> collisions, will transform the town into Hiroshima.
> Here are some CERN addresses. Write them and demand to stop the
> Collider. Otherwise they kill us all with probability about several
> dozens of percents.
> rolf.heuer(at)cern.ch, cern.reception(at)cern.ch,
> visits.service(at)cern.ch, press.office(at)cern.ch,
> john.ellis(at)cern.ch, jean-pierre.koutchouk(at)cern.ch
>
> rudiger.voss(at)cern.ch, patricia.mage(at)cern.ch,
> felicitas.pauss(at)cern.ch, external.relations(at)cern.ch, council-
> president(at)cern.ch, fc-chairman(at)cern.ch, spc-chairman(at)cern.ch,
> scientific-secretary(at)cern.ch, council-secretariat(at)cern.ch
>
> Here are some phones of your potential killers:
>
> CERN CH-1211 Gen�ve 23 Switzerland. +41 22 76 761 11
> Organisation Europ�enne pour la Recherche Nucl�aire F-01631 CERN Cedex
> France Telephone Switchboard: +41 22 76 761 11 Central Fax: +41 22 76
> 765 55
> Visitors Reception. Telephone number:+41 22 76 766 49
> Visits Service. Telephone number: +41 22 767 8484, Fax: +41 22 767
> 8710
> Press Office. Telephone number: 41 22 767 3432 / 2141 Fax: +41 22 785
> 0247
>
> Stop global suicide!

You are obviously bluffing, otherwise you would be in Geneva!

From: HardySpicer on
On Mar 13, 8:55 am, Vladimir Vassilevsky <nos...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> PD wrote:

> >>No new knowledge.
>
> > On the contrary, we KNOW the Standard Model of particle interactions
> > has to break down at the energy scale probed by the LHC. There are
> > many possibilities here, some of them more likely than others.
> > Whichever of these outcomes turns out to be right, or if something
> > else entirely shows itself, we are *guaranteed* a dramatic revision of
> > our understanding of nature. This is about as sure a bet as you can
> > have, in terms of new knowledge.
>
> > Or don't you consider new knowledge about fundamental particle
> > interactions new knowledge?
>
> The results will be inconclusive as usual. There would be offered 10
> explanations why, published 10000 papers, and, after passionate
> discussions at symposiums, everyone will agree that the LHC design was
> wrong and insufficient and yet larger colider has to be built. This time
> it must be a break through, we know this for sure, etc. etc.
>
> VLV

next time it must be the size of the earth itself!