From: John H Meyers on
On 5/24/2010 8:15 AM:

> Copenhagen doesn't visit the forum very often,
> but still is a moderator.

Translation of US-Americanisms (or only my own):

Moderator: Someone who knows the score, and kept in touch with developers.

Former: Someone who hasn't been posting in a long while
(3 years, as explanation for why never seen any more)

From: Daniel /DD on
Thanks again ! I will try it out as soon as I can. Thank You, John !

Bye,
Daniel

From: John H Meyers on
A "new review" of an old question:

On 5/4/2010 8:42 AM, Daniel /DD wrote:

> after a recent XP crash and reboot 8b05 ("Thundora") starts as a new installation.
> Mailboxes, address book, account settings etc. (once imported from
> Eudora 6) are gone. The data itself is still there.

> All my mail sits on my HD and I can't access it. Horrible !

If you mean that your Thunderbird/E8 "Mail data" is found intact,
although your TB/E8 account settings are not,
it turns out that it is possible to "re-attach" mail from
Thunderbird/E8 accounts whose settings have been lost then re-created:

"Reviving a deleted Thunderbird/E8 account"
http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?p=46142#post46142

If you also have the data from the entire top-level "Thunderbird" folder
under "user app data" in Windows, then restoring that entire folder
should restore both all data and all TB/E8 accounts and settings.

The current version of "E8" is 8.0b9, much improved since 8.0b5,
so I hope that you will update it, if you use it at all.