From: JC on
What is the situation regarding Ad-Aware SE personal? I have version
SE1R210 and have definitions dated 27/12/2007 but have not been able to
update the definition file since then.

Has SE been replaced by the 2007 version? If so do I simply run the
install file for 2007 and that will replace the SE files with 2007 files
or do I have to uninstall the SE version first?

I couldn't find any statement on the Lavasoft web site to answer my
questions. Any info about this would be appreciated.
--

Cheers . . . JC
From: Jackson jacXkdinsss on
On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:53:44 +1100, JC <jc(a)invalid.net> wrote:

>What is the situation regarding Ad-Aware SE personal? I have version
>SE1R210 and have definitions dated 27/12/2007 but have not been able to
>update the definition file since then.
>
>Has SE been replaced by the 2007 version? If so do I simply run the
>install file for 2007 and that will replace the SE files with 2007 files
>or do I have to uninstall the SE version first?
>
>I couldn't find any statement on the Lavasoft web site to answer my
>questions. Any info about this would be appreciated.

I have the same version and just this minute downloaded the latest
definition and it is dated 27.12.2007 so it seems you already have the
latest.
From: Joan Archer on
They stopped supporting it at the end of the year so you will have to go to
the new version if you want to use the free Ad-Aware 2007 program.
Joan

From: Jackson jacXkdinsss on
I'm confused. Their site offers ad aware 2007 free. I already have
that. The download button seems to be for 2007 Plus, free for 30
days.

Can I get updated definitions for my 2007 free in the future or not?
Have they quit updating the free version?

I guess all good things come to an end.

From: JC on
Thanks, Joan.

Did you install over the top of SE or did you uninstall SE and then
install 2007?

JC