From: Anna on

>"Anna" <myname(a)myisp.net> wrote in message Jimbo:
> I'm virtually certain that desktop machine can accommodate up to 512 MB of
> RAM. It has two memory slots and each one can hold 256 MB of PC100 SDRAM.
> Check your motherboard's user manual re this.
>
> But you're dealing here with a very old PC with a relatively slow
> processor (by today's standards), and unless you have some special need
> for the increased RAM (and I honestly couldn't imagine what it would be
> with that machine), I wonder whether it would be wiser to save your money.
> I really doubt that even with 512 MB of memory there would be a
> significant performance increase in your day-to-day computer activities.
>
> Also, it's not really clear about your current 256 MB of SDRAM. If there
> are *two* modules of 128 SDRAM installed, then you would need *two* 256 MB
> RAM modules to get you to 512 MB of RAM.
>
> And there's another potential problem with those "elderly" machines. In
> many instances the added RAM module has to be a precise duplicate (in
> terms of make/model) of the installed RAM module, or it either won't work
> or cause problems of one sort or another. So if you *do* purchase an
> additional module make sure you have refund privileges.
>
> Anyway, if you *do* decide to add add'l RAM, I would strongly advise you
> to consult with eMachines tech support before you do so. Do *not* depend
> on the Crucial info or any other website which lists specifications for
> this machine.
> Anna

> "Daave" <dcwashNOSPAM(a)myrealboxXYZ.invalid> wrote in message To OP:
>
> As you know, your PC is on the old side. However, if you intend on keeping
> it for a while, $34 (or even $68) is a small investment for a considerable
> performance boost.

Jimbo:
I had occasion to speak to two of my former colleagues today re your query
and my response to it.

Coincidentally one of them recently had occasion to work on an older
eMachines desktop that, while he recalled, used the same Intel 810 chipset
as your T1090 and whose configuration was (he thinks) the same as yours re
the Celeron processor, etc., he couldn't recall the model # of the machine.

The only significant difference (apparently) between the machine he worked
on and yours was that the one he was repairing was equipped with 128 MB of
RAM (apparently how the machine came RAM-populated from the factory). The
customer also desired to increase the RAM to 512 MB. So the shop installed
two modules of 256 MB of PC100 SDRAM in the two memory slots.

According to my colleague, the add'l RAM made a world of difference
performance-wise, and he highly recommended going that route if it's
economically feasible for you to do so. My other colleague felt the same
way. While it is true you're working with 256 MB of RAM they feel the add'l
256 MB would be a decided performance improvement. Needless to say, I trust
the judgment of my former colleagues.

So in view of the preceding I'll do a 180 degree turn here and agree with
Daave re installing the add'l RAM.
Anna

From: Jimbo on
Sorry I'm late, could not help it. I use my pc for personl use. The following
is the information you requested: The Commit charge, the total is 405868,
Limit 511496 and the Peak is 452964, and as for the Disk Defragmenter report
I need help on how to send it. It's in My Document Folder.

From: Gerry on
Jimbo

The Commit Charge figures demonstrate your is making over much use of
the pagefile. You therefore need to add memory or reduce memory.

Since I posted the link saying your sysyem was only capable of taking
256 mb RAM others have posted contradictory evidence suggesting the
limit may be 512 mb. If my link had been from the computer manufacturers
site I would still maintain the limit was 256 mb but the link was one
quoting what appears to have come from the manufacturers site. The
manufacter's site site does clarify the upgrade capability but this
gives contact details:
http://emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T%20Series&model=T1090

VolumeC.txt can be opened using Notepad. Highlight the required text in
the open file right click and select Copy. Paste the text into your
message.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Norman on
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:29:04 -0800, Jimbo
<Jimbo(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sorry I'm late, could not help it. I use my pc for personl use. The following
>is the information you requested: The Commit charge, the total is 405868,
>Limit 511496 and the Peak is 452964, and as for the Disk Defragmenter report
>I need help on how to send it. It's in My Document Folder.
>
>"Jimbo" wrote:
>
>> I have a computer motherboard emachines T1090 with Windows XP. I bought it in
>> 2002. Right now it has a Memory of 256 MB and would like to know if I can
>> increase it to 512 MB. Appreciate your help.

Copy it and then paste it into a reply

--
Norman
If people concentrated on the really
From: Unknown on
If you go to www.crucial.com and check on memory upgrades you'll find the
emachines T1090 can take a maximum of 512 meg.
It, ( your board) has two slots. Each slot can take a 256 meg memory card
type SDRAM PC133.