From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
That it comes and goes is certainly odd. When 'show as an address' is
grayed out, the address book is corrupt and the only fix for Outlook 2007 is
a new profile. The rest of the profile may be ok, but if you see other
weirdness you should probably make a new profile.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: Dave Horne on
Diane, would you be so kind and help me with this. How do I make a new
profile?

(Also, FWIW, I periodically run SCANPST.EXE on my pst file and it always
'minor repairs' that really don't have to be done.)

From: Dave Horne on
Diane, the problem seems to have resolved itself. At any rate, I did go to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102194281033.aspx and followed
those instructions just for good measure.

From: Dave Horne on
Diane, a follow up - the specific informatikn in that link which seems to be
the clincher is this -

Tools \ Address Book \ Tools \ Options and then choose Contacts under 'Show
this address list first'. That's the important info.