From: mpc755 on
Aether is an elastic medium and does not rest when displaced. It
pushes back. When matter displaces the aether, the pressure the aether
exerts back towards the matter is gravity.

When a C-60 molecule is used in a double slit experiment, the
displacement wave the C-60 molecule creates in the aether enters and
exits multiple slits while the C-60 molecule enters and exits a single
slit.

A=Mc^2 where A is aether and M is matter.

'DOES THE INERTIA OF A BODY DEPEND UPON ITS ENERGY-CONTENT? By A.
EINSTEIN'
http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/E_mc2/e_mc2.pdf

"If a body gives off the energy L in the form of radiation, its mass
diminishes by L/c2."

The mass of the body does diminish, but the matter which no longer
exists as part of the body has not vanished. It still exists, as
aether. As the matter transitions to aether it expands in three
dimensions. The effect this transition has on the surrounding aether
and matter is energy.
From: glird on
On Nov 29, 1:34 am, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>< Aether is an elastic medium and does not rest when displaced. It pushes back. When matter displaces the aether, the pressure the aether exerts back towards the matter is gravity. >

No, mpc; gravity isn't a pressure exerted ON an object. A
"gravitational field" is a density gradient in the continuous material
that you call "aether". (I call it "matter", As you say, it is the
very same matter out of which atoms and molecules and the Earth etc
are made.) As you said, it is an elastic medium with one active
property: "It presses back". Accordingly, it exerts an outwardly
directed pressure ("sorce"} from every needle-sharp point it fills,
the denser the local medium is the stronger the reactive pressure will
be.
Given by the physics textbooks that "weight is a force", the
"gravitational force", i,e, the weight of a given mass, is a function
of two different things: A) the "shape" of the density gradient (grad
d) of the field; B) the normal shape of the gradients of the atoms
comprising that mass. (A mass is a quantity of matter, whether or not
it has weight in a g-field. The "normal shape" of the gradient per
atom means its shape when the atom is far from any g-field.)
Because all local matter is part of any g-field, A and B govern the
shape of the density gradient of any embedded atom.
Since a g-field is always centered on a specifiable object, the
gradient in embedded atoms will be steeper on the side toward that
causative object. Given that the pressure increases as the density
does, the net pressure that arises INSIDE embedded atoms will b toward
the denser side of the grad d of the g-field; thus "downward" wrt
Earth.

>< When a C-60 molecule is used in a double slit experiment, the displacement wave the C-60 molecule creates in the aether enters and exits multiple slits >

Yes, and as it transits a slit it is closer to one side than the
other. Since the net gradient per wave decrease with the distance from
its own center, so will the strength of its affects on the material
comprising the wall. There will therefore be a local density gradient
in the material filling the hole AND the matter comprising the wall.
Given that the resistance is stronger on and in the denser zones, the
path of each successive molecule and/or wave system that transits a
slit will be affected accordingly.
>[Einstein wrote} "If a body gives off the energy L in the form of radiation, its mass diminishes by L/c2."
The mass of the body does diminish, but the matter which no longer
exists as part of the body has not vanished. It still exists, as
aether. As the matter transitions to aether it expands in three
dimensions. The effect this transition has on the surrounding aether
and matter is energy. >>

Energy is the ability to do work, possessed by and exerted upon
matter. Work is mass times the distance it is moved. If matter could
be converted into energy -- as physics now claims -- and ALL the
matter in the universe so converted, the amount of mass that remained,
thus the ability to do work, would be e = md = zero.
The definition of energy was Ok; but the notion that matter can be
converted into energy was baloney - in grams of weight, which is a
force not a material.

glird
From: mpc755 on
On Nov 29, 8:23 pm, glird <gl...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
>  The mass of the body does diminish, but the matter which no longer
> exists as part of the body has not vanished. It still exists, as
> aether. As the matter transitions to aether it expands in three
> dimensions. The effect this transition has on the surrounding aether
> and matter is energy. >>
>
>   Energy is the ability to do work, possessed by and exerted upon
> matter. Work is mass times the distance it is moved. If matter could
> be converted into energy -- as physics now claims -- and ALL the
> matter in the universe so converted, the amount of mass that remained,
> thus the ability to do work, would be e = md = zero.
>   The definition of energy was Ok; but the notion that matter can be
> converted into energy was baloney - in grams of weight, which is a

The denser the local matter is per volume, the stronger the reactive
aether pressure will be.

The displacement wave the C-60 molecule creates in the aether exists
prior to the C-60 molecule entering a slit. The aether displacement
wave created by the C-60 molecule enters available slits. The observed
behaviors of a double slit experiment with a C-60 molecule is more a
function of the moving C-60 molecule having an associated aether
displacement wave and this wave enters available slits than it is the
C-60 molecule affecting the matter which separates the slits.
From: mpc755 on
> [...]
>
>  The mass of the body does diminish, but the matter which no longer
> exists as part of the body has not vanished. It still exists, as
> aether. As the matter transitions to aether it expands in three
> dimensions. The effect this transition has on the surrounding aether
> and matter is energy. >>
>
>   Energy is the ability to do work, possessed by and exerted upon
> matter. Work is mass times the distance it is moved. If matter could
> be converted into energy -- as physics now claims -- and ALL the
> matter in the universe so converted, the amount of mass that remained,
> thus the ability to do work, would be e = md = zero.
>   The definition of energy was Ok; but the notion that matter can be
> converted into energy was baloney - in grams of weight, which is a

The denser the local material is per volume, the stronger the reactive

From: mpc755 on
> [...]
> matter in the universe so converted, the amount of mass that remained,
> thus the ability to do work, would be e = md = zero.
>   The definition of energy was Ok; but the notion that matter can be
> converted into energy was baloney - in grams of weight, which is a
> force not a material.
>
> glird

The denser the local material is per volume, the stronger the reactive
aether pressure will be.

The displacement wave the C-60 molecule creates in the aether exists
prior to the C-60 molecule entering a slit. The aether displacement
wave created by the C-60 molecule enters available slits. The observed
behaviors of a double slit experiment with a C-60 molecule is more a
function of the moving C-60 molecule having an associated aether
displacement wave and this wave enters available slits than it is the
C-60 molecule affecting the material which separates the slits.