From: "Bill McCarthy" TPASoft.com Are Identity on

"Ken Halter" <Ken_Halter(a)Use_Sparingly_Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Bill McCarthy" <TPASoft.com Are Identity Thieves> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ken Halter" <Ken_Halter(a)Use_Sparingly_Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Holy smokes! An unbiased opinion! Say it ain't so!
>>
>> "Unbiased" is when you look at the facts Ken, not when you post a link to
>
> Ummmm.... FOAD bill... in every sense of the phrase. How are those knee
> pads holding up? Still working on that degree in wrapping twolips?

Uh huh. Guess you still don't get the meaning of unbiased. "Unbiased" ,
Ken, would be looking at the facts around Jabaco, and in particular the
serious limitations of it. The personal attacks you've resorted to, and
your initial claim that Microsoft was somehow responsible for the current
global credit crisis are in fact examples of extreme bias. The simple facts
remain, Jabaco is useless as far as any existing VB6 code goes: it has no
support for COM interop, windows API calls or type libraries nor existing
from models, and it is a very limited approach to programming against the
Java platform. If your goal is to program for Java, then there's lots of
powerful tools out there, but not Jabaco.

From: dot nyet on
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 01:14:10 -0500, "C Kevin Provance"
<BillBuchanan(a)localhost.com> wrote:
in <e7sqPZseJHA.2096(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>

>Ken, I do believe you've solved the conundrum!
>
>Bill McCarthy is the George W. Bush of Visual Basic!!!
>
>It's all so clear now!!!
>
>LOL!!!!

Nope, he's nowhere near that good! ha ha ha!

Frank
From: Henning on

"Bill McCarthy" <TPASoft.com Are Identity Thieves> skrev i meddelandet

> "Ken Halter" <Ken_Halter(a)Use_Sparingly_Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Holy smokes! An unbiased opinion! Say it ain't so!
>
> "Unbiased" is when you look at the facts Ken, not when you post a link to
> some software you haven't even tried and then tack on a heap of anti
> Microsoft nonsense claiming the current global credit squeeze is due to
> Microsoft <unbelievable/>
>
> I suggest you actually look at Jabaco. You will find it is a poor VB
> implementation on top of Java. There's not even a Debug.Print. form's
> are missing dozens of properties and because it is based on swing, there
> isn't even a form's hWnd. You cannot use API of any king, no type
> libraries, no COM components. And again, because it is based on Java,
> you've got that GC object model lifetime issues (lack of determinalistic
> finalization). Rather than expose that, they just cut out the Terminate
> event entirely from the class modules. It's totally lame.
> If you want to code against Java, use Java. You'll find there's lots of
> tools, support, samples etc.

I've tried it a bit with an existing app. It isn't *that* bad, and you have
to concider it's still in beta stage. If you wish you can call any Java
function directly.

Give Manuel a little time to at least pass bata before judging.

/Henning

From: Schmidt on

"Henning" <computer_hero(a)coldmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Give Manuel a little time to at least pass bata before judging.
Yep - and at least regarding the WinAPI-Calls (which Mr.
McCarthy is trying to tell us, will not be reachable):

Jabaco allows that, because it integrates a JNI-wrapper
(JNI is something like the .NET-pendant for P/Invokes -
it offers to work in an "unmanaged" way, allowing calls to
external Libraries which are not written in Java, also on
the Windows-Platform).

Wondering a bit, why Bill is telling us, that this is a big
disadvantage - one who has decided to use one of the
managed frameworks like Java or .NET should avoid
using the System-APIs - that's why these libs are so huge -
they already encapsulate most of the system-apis in a
platform-independent way (Ok, at least Java and Mono
take this task - platform-independency - seriously).

Olaf

From: Mike Williams on
"Schmidt" <sss(a)online.de> wrote in message

> Wondering a bit, why Bill is telling us, that this is
> a big disadvantage - one who has decided to use
> one of the managed frameworks like Java or .NET
> should avoid using the System-APIs - that's why
> these libs are so huge - they already encapsulate
> most of the system-apis in a platform-independent
> way

Because McCarthy is a trouble maker. His main aim is to destroy this group
and in the meantime to annoy as many people as he can. He is a troll.

Mike