From: First of One on
Use ATi Tray Tools. Apparently there are multiple ways to access color/gamma
adjustments, and the method employed by Tray Tools is more low-level.

From: Chuckg on
First of One wrote:

> Use ATi Tray Tools. Apparently there are multiple ways to access color/gamma
> adjustments, and the method employed by Tray Tools is more low-level.

Didn't work -- although the fact that I had Tray Tools on there once
before, and uninstalled it, may have been the cause of the problem in
the first place.

As of today, I've tried running the ATI uninstaller, then going through
and following /all/ the cleanup instructions here:

http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_4.html

including running RegCleaner, then reinstalling the full ATI Catalyst
6.8 package again.

Still getting the flicker. Oddly enough, the event logs say that the
'Information' events show when I *start* the apps in question, not when
I log out of them.

--
Chuckg

From: First of One on
Should have noted this earlier...

In ATi Tray Tools, go to Tools & Options -> General Options

Is the setting "Use new Apply 3D settings mode" checked?

From: Chuckg on
First of One wrote:
> Should have noted this earlier...
>
> In ATi Tray Tools, go to Tools & Options -> General Options
>
> Is the setting "Use new Apply 3D settings mode" checked?

As per the prior post, I've uninstalled ATI Tray Tools, and everything
else, and reinstalled from scratch after some serious driver and
registration cleaning.

However, a new data point -- this /may/ be a KOTOR I/II specific or
OpenGL specific issue after all, or multiple issues going on at once,
as I just put Halo: Combat Evolved on, and I *didn't* get the flicker
exiting it.

--
Chuckg

From: Chuckg on
And now, the point is entirely moot.

Something else failed (it's a long story) and I had to do a format and
clean reinstall. We shall see if the problems recur.

--
Chuckg