From: Rod Speed on
Jonathan Wilson wrote:
>> I had trouble understanding (during the direct transfer) why they
>> had "trouble" transferring to an account that was NOT with my bank. An external account. It was handled vastly
>> different (like I care).
>> And more so, why it cost me money to transfer that sum to an external
>> account, verses an internal (local) account, when I could do the same
>> for thirty bucks and no-one blinks?

>> It's just data for F&^ks sake, does data cost that much?

> If you are being charged these fees you need to find a better bank.

Indeed.

> I can transfer money on online banking to any bank account in
> Australia regardless of bank (given the BSB and account number) and it wont cost me a cent ever no matter how many
> transfers I make.

Me too.

> The only fees I pay is a 75c a month fee for online banking

I dont pay that at all.

> and a $1.50 fee for having a Visa Debit card

Dont pay that either. In fact they pay ME to have the card and to use it too.

> plus I pay a fee if I use an ATM that doesn't say "RediATM" or "NAB" on it.

Or that either. In fact they pay me for each withdrawal of $200 or more.

> I think I might also pay a fee if I buy something with my Visa card that isn't in Australian Dollars but that's a fee
> charged by Visa themselves and passed on by my bank.

Thats avoidable too.

> As for cheques, I havent written a cheque in my life.

I dont anymore. Or more strictly the last one was a few years
ago now with an operation thats too dinosaury to take cards.

I keep a single blank check in my wallet for just that situation
and it ends up looking pretty battered by the time I actually use
it, and he was clearly a bit dubious about taking it, but did take it.

> Everyone complains about bank fees and how the big banks rip you off yet most people cant be bothered to get off their
> asses and find a decent bank that doesn't rip you off.

> Oh wait, my account isn't with a bank, its with a Credit Union.

Mine is with a real bank, ING.

The only downside is with fools that insist on being able to walk into a physical bank.

From: Rod Speed on
globular wrote:
> On 21/05/2010 1:44 AM, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
>>> I had trouble understanding (during the direct transfer) why they
>>> had "trouble" transferring to an account that was NOT with my bank.
>>> An external account. It was handled vastly different (like I care).
>>> And more so, why it cost me money to transfer that sum to an
>>> external account, verses an internal (local) account, when I could
>>> do the same for thirty bucks and no-one blinks?
>>> It's just data for F&^ks sake, does data cost that much?
>> If you are being charged these fees you need to find a better bank.
>> I can transfer money on online banking to any bank account in
>> Australia regardless of bank (given the BSB and account number) and
>> it wont cost me a cent ever no matter how many transfers I make.
>>
>> The only fees I pay is a 75c a month fee for online banking and a
>> $1.50 fee for having a Visa Debit card plus I pay a fee if I use an
>> ATM that doesn't say "RediATM" or "NAB" on it.
>>
>> I think I might also pay a fee if I buy something with my Visa card
>> that isn't in Australian Dollars but that's a fee charged by Visa
>> themselves and passed on by my bank.
>>
>> As for cheques, I havent written a cheque in my life.
>>
>> Everyone complains about bank fees and how the big banks rip you off
>> yet most people cant be bothered to get off their asses and find a
>> decent bank that doesn't rip you off.
>>
>> Oh wait, my account isn't with a bank, its with a Credit Union.
>
> I discovered, starting last year, that on my Westpac Mastercard, there
> is now a charge added on when purchasing overseas.
> I've heard nothing about this. It varies with the purchase amount.

Time to get a better bank and give Kelly an obscene gesture.

From: SG1 on

"Jonathan Wilson" <jfwfreo(a)tpgi.com.au> wrote in message
>> I had trouble understanding (during the direct transfer) why they had
>> "trouble" transferring to an account that was NOT with my bank. An
>> external account. It was handled vastly different (like I care). And
>> more so, why it cost me money to transfer that sum to an external
>> account, verses an internal (local) account, when I could do the same
>> for thirty bucks and no-one blinks?
>> It's just data for F&^ks sake, does data cost that much?
> If you are being charged these fees you need to find a better bank.
> I can transfer money on online banking to any bank account in Australia
> regardless of bank (given the BSB and account number) and it wont cost me
> a cent ever no matter how many transfers I make.
>
> The only fees I pay is a 75c a month fee for online banking and a $1.50
> fee for having a Visa Debit card plus I pay a fee if I use an ATM that
> doesn't say "RediATM" or "NAB" on it.
>
> I think I might also pay a fee if I buy something with my Visa card that
> isn't in Australian Dollars but that's a fee charged by Visa themselves
> and passed on by my bank.
>
> As for cheques, I havent written a cheque in my life.
>
> Everyone complains about bank fees and how the big banks rip you off yet
> most people cant be bothered to get off their asses (ARSES) and find a
> decent bank that doesn't rip you off.
>
> Oh wait, my account isn't with a bank, its with a Credit Union.
Oz spelling inserted in ()

From: Gettamulla Tupya on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 00:25:07 -0700 (PDT), Graham Cooper <grahamcooper7(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> As you can see this is a twice weekly posting now.
>
> Westpac take 3 working days to clear a cheque. I asked if they could
> clear it faster and paid $16 for a special request. They say it
> *usually* clears by 5pm the next working day.

Think yourself lucky. It used to be 7 days to clear a cheque.

From: Gordon Levi on
Jonathan Wilson <jfwfreo(a)tpgi.com.au> wrote:

>Graham Cooper wrote:
>> Westpac take 3 working days to clear a cheque. I asked if they could
>> clear it faster and paid $16 for a special request. They say it
>> *usually* clears by 5pm the next working day.
>In this day and age why are people still using cheques anyway?
>When you can do direct bank transfers or many other methods of payment.

How do you transfer $100,000 to another individual without either
visiting your bank or sending a cheque? Of the two I find sending a
cheque much easier. I'm limited to transferring $5000.00 a day by my
(Bendigo) bank and I can raise that limit by using a token but I would
still be limited to $20,000 a day.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: @ " interposed
Next: Next G IP Address Changes radically