From: kitekrazy on
On 3/24/2010 6:27 PM, Here In Oregon wrote:

> "kitekrazy" <kitekrazy(a)kitekrazy.org> wrote in message
>> http://www.infopackets.com/news/business/microsoft/2010/20100324_antivirus_update_forces_users_to_reinstall_windows.htm
>>

> Best antivirus program I ever had is called Security Essentials and it
> is free and unobtrusive but you knew that. <g>
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Are you also using the MS Firewall?
From: kitekrazy on
On 3/25/2010 12:07 PM, Phoenix wrote:
> Me too. I used to like ZoneAlarm, but a few recent changes have made it
> a nuisance.

I'm bummed by that. Trying to configure the MS Firewall isn't as easy.

From: Here In Oregon on

"kitekrazy" > It will destroy Gigastudio 3.

What? I have Gigastudio 3 on my GigaDaw with Security Essentials and it
works fine.

I think that might have been a bug they fixed some time ago with an update.
My GigaDAW was my last machine to get SE though.
I bet if you were to try it again it would work fine but if it destroyed
Giga 3 maybe not. What do you mean when you say destroy?

From: Here In Oregon on

"kitekrazy" > Are you also using the MS Firewall?

Yes sir!!! Something wrong with that too ;-)

From: Here In Oregon on

"kitekrazy" > I'm bummed by that. Trying to configure the MS Firewall isn't
as easy.

Okay maybe I was born yesterday but how hard is it to configure MS Firewall?

1. You turn it on.

2. You then have the options to allow which programs can communicate through
your Windows Firewall.

I must be missing something.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Exporting audio
Next: your thoughts on Dynaudio BM5A mons