From: RnR on
On Sat, 1 May 2010 13:13:06 -0400, "Mel" <nowayfriend(a)nuwoo.net>
wrote:

>OK, I'm shopping around for a new laptop. My needs are modest.
>Staples has a nice special tomorrow:
>
>HP laptop (does not state model #).
>Intel Dual core Processor T4400
>17.3" screen, which I LIKE.
>3 gb RAM 250 GB HD
>Windows 7 Home.
>$479.99
>
>I've narrowed it down to this vs. a Dell Inspiron 1545-- 15.6" screen,
>similar configuration.
>
>I'm getting older and my wife and I prefer (SLIGHTLY) the 17.3" screen. The
>price is good but:
>
>We know nothing about HP machines. Are they in the same league as Dell,
>quality-wise.
>We have never been disappointed in the quality of our computers (we have had
>IBM, ZEOS, Gateway, and Dell -- all have been good, as well as our C64 and
>Commodore Pet machines, so you see we are not young folks!)
>
>Thoughts?
>
>Mel

Mel, I think that most here won't know the answer including me because
we own dells for the most part. Ok, some might but I don't think
you will have a large pool of knowledgeable people in this newsgroup.
I am just guessing but the HP price sounds a bit too cheap for what
they offer so I'm wondering about the after the sale problems that
might creep up. You might see if there is a HP newsgroup and read up
from there. Are you sure you want a 17" laptop instead of a larger
desktop for home use????
From: Mel on
Yes, I want a laptop

From: WSZsr on
AMEN!

From: Bob Villa on
On May 2, 11:16 am, WaIIy <WaIIy@(nft).invalid> wrote:
> On Sat, 01 May 2010 23:06:58 -0400, Ben Myers <ben_my...(a)charter.net>
> wrote:
>
> >So there you have something fair and balanced, unlike Fox Noise Channel
> >which claims to be fair and balanced, and delivers a lot of highly
> >opinionated dreck... Ben Myers
>
> Save it for the political groups.  You Pelosi fanboys are tiresome.

Just becuz somene criticizes Fox doesn't mean he favors anyone! JO
From: Ben Myers on
On 5/2/2010 5:22 PM, Bob Villa wrote:
> On May 2, 11:16 am, WaIIy<WaIIy@(nft).invalid> wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 May 2010 23:06:58 -0400, Ben Myers<ben_my...(a)charter.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> So there you have something fair and balanced, unlike Fox Noise Channel
>>> which claims to be fair and balanced, and delivers a lot of highly
>>> opinionated dreck... Ben Myers
>>
>> Save it for the political groups. You Pelosi fanboys are tiresome.
>
> Just becuz somene criticizes Fox doesn't mean he favors anyone! JO

Right! Opinions masquerading as news are not journalism, whether the
opinions come from left, right, Al Qaeda, or the Politburo... Ben Myers
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Cloning FYI
Next: Flash drive to NTFS?