From: Dennis on
Jack,

How did you capture the F1 function key (help key) for help or did you do
something else?

Dennis
From: Jack Leach dymondjack at hot mail dot on
ahhhhh... F1! I used a button on all my forms to open the help page, but I
think if you go to the Form's KeyDown event, you can capture F1 (I'm not
exactly sure how to reference that particular key, but some testing should
give an answer).

Private Sub KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
If KeyCode = <F1 code> Then
KeyCode = 0
DoCmd.OpenForm frmHelp etc etc
End If
End Sub

that might get you started anyway...

--
Jack Leach
www.tristatemachine.com

"I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
-Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

From: Jack Leach dymondjack at hot mail dot on
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa211398(office.11).aspx

vbKeyF1 should do it, according to the above article.

I believe you will also need to change the KeyPreview property of the Form
to Yes in order to get this to work at a Form level rather than Control
level...

hth

From: Douglas J. Steele on
You can also create an AutoKeys macro and map F1 to call a function.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: Stuart McCall on
"Dennis" <Dennis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Access via Office XP Pro and Office 2007 on XP, Vista, and 7.
>
> I'm getting pretty close to completing the first Access application I've
> been working on and figured I need to address the Help documentationi
> issue.
>
> I don't know much about how to create a Help file nor the terminology. So
> my question is pretty broad and may be phrased incorectly.
>
> Where would I start?
> Any suggestions for a Help compiler?
>
> Or is there another way to accomplish creating on-line user help for my
> application?
>
> Dennis

If you're comfortable writing simple HTML, you could create a .htm file for
each topic, ie:

Question1.htm
Question2.htm

etc.

Then to display say Question2's help:

Application.FollowHyperlink strPathToHtmFiles & "\Question2.htm"

With HTML you can easily include some fancy formatting, also hyperlinks to
other help topics, either embedded in the text or in a list of 'Related
Topics'.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: "Exit Access" Code