From: Dennis on
Jack,

Thanks, I really appreciate your knowledge and assistance.

Dennis

From: Dennis on
Douglas,

Thanks. I'll have to read up on AutoKeys macro.

Dennis
From: Dennis on
Stuart,

I'm guessing that writing my help text in Word and save it as an htm file
would work?

Dennis
From: Stuart McCall on
"Dennis" <Dennis(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Stuart,
>
> I'm guessing that writing my help text in Word and save it as an htm file
> would work?
>

> Dennis

Absolutely. Word will let you format things quite nicely. The files it
generates are a bit long-winded, but from your description of what you have
planned, the size of the resulting files will be pretty much irrelevant.
They'll definitely load fast enough on the slowest of modern machines.

The best place to store the files is (IMO) with the backend data file, so
when you need to update them you only have one set of files to replace.

From: Jack Leach dymondjack at hot mail dot on
Do you mean the AutoHotKeys program that lets you script keystrokes on a
system or application level? This would have to be installed and configured
on each computer the app is distributed to, correct?

I've never used that with Access before... is there any particular advantage
to this above using the KeyDown event?

--
Jack Leach
www.tristatemachine.com

"I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
-Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> You can also create an AutoKeys macro and map F1 to call a function.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>
> "Jack Leach" <dymondjack at hot mail dot com> wrote in message
> > ahhhhh... F1! I used a button on all my forms to open the help page, but
> > think if you go to the Form's KeyDown event, you can capture F1 (I'm not
> > exactly sure how to reference that particular key, but some testing should
> > give an answer).
> >
> > Private Sub KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
> > If KeyCode = <F1 code> Then
> > KeyCode = 0
> > DoCmd.OpenForm frmHelp etc etc
> > End If
> > End Sub
> >
> > that might get you started anyway...
> >
> > --
> > Jack Leach
> > www.tristatemachine.com
> >
> > "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
> > -Thomas Edison (1847-1931)
> >

> > "Dennis" wrote:
> >
> >> Jack,
> >>
> >> How did you capture the F1 function key (help key) for help or did you do
> >> something else?
> >>
> >> Dennis
>

> .

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last