From: Mike Lane on
Jolly Roger wrote on Jul 12, 2010:

> In article <0001HW.C860CC89001066F1B01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
> Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get started with the trial version of Aperture.
>>
>> Here's a screenshot of a bit of the browser displayed by Aperture showing
>> some of my holiday photos:
>> http://files.me.com/mike_lane/2wj5fe
>>
>> Can someone tell me what is the meaning of the small icon in the bottom
>> right
>> corner of each thumbnail?
>>

>> Thanks...
>
> Almost looks like a hand grenade. Dare I ask what happens when you
> click it? : )

It doesn't seem to do anything at all.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

From: Steve Hix on
In article <0001HW.C860EA3100175A31B01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:

> Jolly Roger wrote on Jul 12, 2010:
>
> > In article <0001HW.C860CC89001066F1B01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
> > Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to get started with the trial version of Aperture.
> >>
> >> Here's a screenshot of a bit of the browser displayed by Aperture showing
> >> some of my holiday photos:
> >> http://files.me.com/mike_lane/2wj5fe
> >>
> >> Can someone tell me what is the meaning of the small icon in the bottom
> >> right
> >> corner of each thumbnail?
> >
> > Almost looks like a hand grenade. Dare I ask what happens when you
> > click it? : )
>
> It doesn't seem to do anything at all.

It just signifies that the image has had one or more adjustments applied to it.
From: Davoud on
Mike Lane wrote:

> >> I'm trying to get started with the trial version of Aperture.
> >>
> >> Here's a screenshot of a bit of the browser displayed by Aperture showing
> >> some of my holiday photos:
> >> http://files.me.com/mike_lane/2wj5fe
> >>
> >> Can someone tell me what is the meaning of the small icon in the bottom
> >> right
> >> corner of each thumbnail?

That is called t "tag icon." It represents a paper tag with a string
attached. The tag icon means that the photo to which it is attached has
associated metadata. It isn't a clickable icon. Beyond that, I know
little about it -- nearly of my photos have metadata, but none displays
the tag icon. But: in my wife's copy of Aperture (we are heavy users on
a passel of Macs, so we have three licenses!) the tag icon is
displayed. Can't figure that one out.

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
From: Mike Lane on
Steve Hix wrote on Jul 12, 2010:

> In article <0001HW.C860EA3100175A31B01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
> Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Jolly Roger wrote on Jul 12, 2010:

>>> Almost looks like a hand grenade. Dare I ask what happens when you
>>> click it? : )
>>
>> It doesn't seem to do anything at all.
>
> It just signifies that the image has had one or more adjustments applied to
> it.

AFAICS all the images have this icon attached whether or not they have been
modified

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

From: Mike Lane on
Davoud wrote on Jul 12, 2010:

> That is called t "tag icon." It represents a paper tag with a string
> attached. The tag icon means that the photo to which it is attached has
> associated metadata. It isn't a clickable icon. Beyond that, I know
> little about it -- nearly of my photos have metadata, but none displays
> the tag icon. But: in my wife's copy of Aperture (we are heavy users on
> a passel of Macs, so we have three licenses!) the tag icon is
> displayed. Can't figure that one out.
>
> Davoud

I would have thought that all digital images have some kind of metadata
attached.

I've just discovered that all the images I have imported from iPhoto have
this icon displayed, but if I import a file from the hard disk it doesn't. I
wonder if that has any significance?

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire