From: AES on
In article <0001HW.C8614499002C8A78B01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:

> I think I've discovered what the icon means. It apparently indicates that the
> image in question has one or more keywords attached. If one imports from
> iPhoto, any keywords will also be imported and then the image in aperture
> will show this tag icon

Nasty question here: Doesn't Apple's documentation make it easy --
repeat, EASY -- for any user of Aperture to discover, quickly and more
or less immediately, what this icon means? -- so that the rest of us
don't have to futz around exchanging information and, unfortunately,
fairly often misinformation, about issues like this.

[My answer to my own query: "No -- Apple's documentation in general,
these days, does NOT make it easy to get clear and definitive info about
icons, or many other aspects, of either its software or it hardware --
especially its growing family of iPods, iPads, and other iGadgets."]
From: Mike Lane on
AES wrote on Jul 13, 2010:

> In article <0001HW.C8614499002C8A78B01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
> Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> I think I've discovered what the icon means. It apparently indicates that
>> the
>> image in question has one or more keywords attached. If one imports from
>> iPhoto, any keywords will also be imported and then the image in aperture
>> will show this tag icon
>>

> Nasty question here: Doesn't Apple's documentation make it easy --
> repeat, EASY -- for any user of Aperture to discover, quickly and more
> or less immediately, what this icon means? -- so that the rest of us
> don't have to futz around exchanging information and, unfortunately,
> fairly often misinformation, about issues like this.
>
> [My answer to my own query: "No -- Apple's documentation in general,
> these days, does NOT make it easy to get clear and definitive info about
> icons, or many other aspects, of either its software or it hardware --
> especially its growing family of iPods, iPads, and other iGadgets."]

I don't understand what you're trying to imply by your question with its
correct answer supplied.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

From: AES on
In article <0001HW.C8625E470001842AB01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:

> > Nasty question here: Doesn't Apple's documentation make it easy --
> > repeat, EASY -- for any user of Aperture to discover, quickly and more
> > or less immediately, what this icon means? -- so that the rest of us
> > don't have to futz around exchanging information and, unfortunately,
> > fairly often misinformation, about issues like this.
> >
> > [My answer to my own query: "No -- Apple's documentation in general,
> > these days, does NOT make it easy to get clear and definitive info about
> > icons, or many other aspects, of either its software or it hardware --
> > especially its growing family of iPods, iPads, and other iGadgets."]
>
> I don't understand what you're trying to imply by your question with its
> correct answer supplied.

Not trying to imply anything here -- well, maybe I am, a bit -- but
rather primarily trying to see if others agree or disagree with me.

If appears that you agree . . . ?
From: Mike Lane on
AES wrote on Jul 13, 2010:

> In article <0001HW.C8625E470001842AB01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
> Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> Nasty question here: Doesn't Apple's documentation make it easy --
>>> repeat, EASY -- for any user of Aperture to discover, quickly and more
>>> or less immediately, what this icon means? -- so that the rest of us
>>> don't have to futz around exchanging information and, unfortunately,
>>> fairly often misinformation, about issues like this.
>>>
>>> [My answer to my own query: "No -- Apple's documentation in general,
>>> these days, does NOT make it easy to get clear and definitive info about
>>> icons, or many other aspects, of either its software or it hardware --
>>> especially its growing family of iPods, iPads, and other iGadgets."]
>>
>> I don't understand what you're trying to imply by your question with its
>> correct answer supplied.
>>

> Not trying to imply anything here -- well, maybe I am, a bit -- but
> rather primarily trying to see if others agree or disagree with me.
>
> If appears that you agree . . . ?

Obviously I do. I'm not in the habit of posting questions that can be easily
answered by a little research.

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

From: Mike Rosenberg on
Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't understand what you're trying to imply by your question with its
> correct answer supplied.

His hobby is kvetching on Usenet.

--
My latest dance routines: