From: Peter on
"Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <noone(a)nospam.com> wrote in message

> ? "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> ?????? ??? ??????
>> "Allen" <allent(a)austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> <snip>
>>
>>> The main difference between people and sheep is that humans are divided
>>> into two groups: PC users and Apple users.
>>> Allen
>>

>> What about Linux & Solaris?
>> And then there are the Linux distributions. You think Canon v Nikon gets
>> abusive?
> http://www.gocomics.com/wtduck/2010/07/12/

I suspect none of those guys owns, or uses a Blad

--
Peter

From: Bruce on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:40:36 -0400, Shawn Hirn <srhi(a)comcast.net>
wrote:
>In article <vrbr3613e66a6qflcjkb3a7lrquio5m2j8(a)4ax.com>,
> Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:01:13 -0400, Shawn Hirn <srhi(a)comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >I don't have an iPhone 4, but there is an Apple Store five minutes from
>> >where I live. I stopped by there and I tried to get it to drop all the
>> >signal bars, but the signal strength remained steady. I tried it on
>> >several different display models. They all worked fine.
>> >
>> >Last Saturday, I had lunch with a friend who bought an iPhone 4 and she
>> >loves it. I tried getting the signal strength to drop on it too by
>> >holding it on the lower corners, but the signal strength remained strong.
>>

>> You are obviously unaware of two faults; one is that any contact
>> between your fingers and the aerial dramatically reduces signal
>> strength, and the other is that the signal strength meter is faulty
>> and shows a strong signal when in fact it is weak. In particular, it
>> shows no sign of the reduction in signal strength when you touch the
>> aerial.
>>
>> Both faults have officially been admitted by Apple, but so far there
>> are no proposals from the company as to how either will be fixed.
>>

>> >So I honestly don't see what the big deal is.
>>

>> No, you don't appear to be able to see it at all. ;-)
>
>I am well aware of those two issues. My point is that after trying to
>see them myself on at least six different iPhone 4 units, none of them
>exhibited the signal drop off problem.

The whole point is that iPhone 4 still displays a strong signal on its
signal strength meter even when the signal is too weak to make a call.
It also fails to display when the signal weakens because the aerial
has been touched by the user. This is now very widely known, not least
because of Consumer Reports' well publicised report on the iPhone 4.

Obviously, this information hasn't reached you yet. Perhaps it will
sink in soon. Or perhaps you are just in denial.

From: nospam on
In article <juvv369vnj3jm5ji6pn0hes7klg6nt2q91(a)4ax.com>, Bruce
<docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >I am well aware of those two issues. My point is that after trying to
> >see them myself on at least six different iPhone 4 units, none of them
> >exhibited the signal drop off problem.
>
> The whole point is that iPhone 4 still displays a strong signal on its
> signal strength meter even when the signal is too weak to make a call.
> It also fails to display when the signal weakens because the aerial
> has been touched by the user. This is now very widely known, not least
> because of Consumer Reports' well publicised report on the iPhone 4.
>
> Obviously, this information hasn't reached you yet. Perhaps it will
> sink in soon. Or perhaps you are just in denial.

or maybe you aren't aware of the entire issue, believing just a few
soundbites.

although there are people who report problems with the iphone 4, there
are other iphone 4 users for whom no matter how hard they try, do not
experience any problem. a few reports even say reception gets better
when the antenna is touched. it's not anywhere near as simple as some
of the reports make it out to be.

and it's not just iphones:

<http://community.htc.com/na/htc-forums/android/f/94/p/3681/15322.aspx>

Talked to tech at sprint and best buy , all evos and HTC phones are
having major reception problems and told me to exchange phone. I have
1 or two bars most of day in muliple locations and dropped calls
constantly and bad connections were people complain all day long.