From: Paul on
ijones(a)TOGLIinterfree.it wrote:
> Thanks alot for your suggestion.
> Is it better I will install the new chipset too?
> What is the precise file, please?

This one supports 975X.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18053&ProdId=816&lang=eng

Unzip the file. Then double click "setup.exe" to install them.
You can do this, after the initial WinXP installation
is completed.

Paul
From: Paul on
Donald White wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Is there a procedure for updating these drivers on a running system? I
> still use the original from when I built the system.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don

It is possible the management software package has drivers in it
as well, but really, what is the point of updating ? If your
system is working "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". There is
no requirement to "freshen up" drivers just for kicks. For most
of the systems I have here, the drivers installed right after
the build, still run the system.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17882/eng/IATA89ENU.exe

If you make a driver mistake, or have regrets, the Device
Manager allows rolling back to the previous driver. Rollback
depth is one, so you can't roll back to the day the system
was built.

Paul

From: ijones on
>After the OS is installed, you can install this one. This is the
>RAID Management application, which runs in Windows. It tells
>you whether the RAID array is healthy or not.
>
>http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17882/eng/IATA89ENU.exe

The last question, please.
I have Win XP Pro in Italian language and the file I have just
downloaded is in english language. Is it better to download that file
in multilanguage like it: IATA89CD
Yjamks for your reply.
From: Paul on
ijones(a)TOGLIinterfree.it wrote:
>> After the OS is installed, you can install this one. This is the
>> RAID Management application, which runs in Windows. It tells
>> you whether the RAID array is healthy or not.
>>
>> http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17882/eng/IATA89ENU.exe
>

> The last question, please.
> I have Win XP Pro in Italian language and the file I have just
> downloaded is in english language. Is it better to download that file
> in multilanguage like it: IATA89CD
> Yjamks for your reply.

Because the download is protected with InstallShield, I cannot tell
what is inside the IATA89ENU.exe or the IATA89CD.exe files. I tried
to use my Win2K VirtualPC, and some command line arguments the installer
is supposed to adhere to, but it didn't work right. All I got was the
driver files, and not the Matrix Storage Manager Console program.

You have plenty of time to experiment with IATA89ENU.exe and IATA89CD.exe
later. They don't have to be installed before the OS installation begins.
They can be done after the installation is complete, at your leisure.
Then you can experiment with IATA89CD.exe .

The size of the IATA89CD.exe download, suggests it *could* be a multi-language
install program, but I cannot confirm that. I don't have enough hardware
and OS licenses to prove what is in there. If I could see the raw files
inside the InstallShield, I might have been able to figure it out.

See Figure 3 in Section 6.4 on PDF page 30 here. You should be
able to see a new entry in the Programs, for the Intel Matrix
Storage Console. That should appear after the IATA89CD.exe is finished.

http://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/8_x_raid_ahci_users_manual.pdf

Paul
From: ijones on
Paul,
I'd like to format my hardrives but with the new driver floppy I have
a problem.
I click on F6, then in the blue screen I see the drivers (they are
less than in the iold floppy), I pick out ICH7R Sata RAID Controller,
in the following screen I get an ERROR:
Impossible to load "iaStore.sys" file.
Why I'm getting that error?

With my previous floppy I never had any error.
I remember with the old floppy I saw "ICH7R Sata RAID Desktop
Controller" (I don't remember fine but there is the "Desktop" word)

In the new floppy I see less drivers and I don't see that option
(Desktop).

I hope you will give me a quick answer.

thanks alot!