From: ijones on
I inform you I have one HD with OS, two Hds in RAID0 and other two HDs
in RAID0. They are 3 volumes.
In my PC I have 5 HDs.
From: Paul on
ijones(a)TOGLIinterfree.it wrote:
> I inform you I have one HD with OS, two Hds in RAID0 and other two HDs
> in RAID0. They are 3 volumes.
> In my PC I have 5 HDs.

Well, if you hadn't insisted on having the "latest driver",
you'd probably be finished by now. The old floppy you used,
would have worked fine.

*******

OK, so how can I verify this for you, when I'm half a world
away ?

Start with ICH7 Spec Update. There is a table "PCI Device Revision ID".

http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/specupdate/307014.pdf (see PDF page 23)

The identity of your Southbridge ports, depends on the BIOS
setting. You are probably using the "RAID" setting in the BIOS.
This should be your BIOS setting for the SATA ports.

"Configure SATA As" [RAID]

The Intel 307014 document suggests, for SATA, the identity is

27C3h Desktop RAID Mode

Now, if I take the "old" Intel RAID F6 Floppy Utility for Windows 2000/XP/2003
file from the support.asus.com download web page, these are the entries
in the txtsetup.oem file. This is what you see on the screen, when
you press F6.

iaStor_ICH7DH = "Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)" <---- Yours
iaAHCI_ICH7R = "Intel(R) 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH7R/DH)"
iaStor_ICH6R = "Intel(R) 82801FR SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH6R)"
iaAHCI_ICH6R = "Intel(R) 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (Desktop ICH6R)"
iaAHCI_ICH6M = "Intel(R) 82801FBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH6M)"
iaStor_ICH5R = "Intel(R) 82801ER SATA RAID Controller (Desktop ICH5R)"
iaStor_ICH5RHR = "Intel(R) 6300ESB SATA RAID Controller"

That first line corresponds to this bit, further down in the txtsetup.oem
file.

[HardwareIds.scsi.iaStor_ICH7DH]
id = "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_0104","iaStor" <----- 27C3

OK. Now, go get your "new" floppy. Does it have 27C3 in the txtsetup.oem file ?
If not, the floppy is incorrect for the job!

That is my guess, from over here in Canada.

If you insist on the very latest driver for ICH7R/DH, use
downloadcenter.intel.com until you find it.

*******

The only thing you need, during an installation, is the right
driver to get the OS installed. The original floppy may have had
multiple drivers on it. All you need is the correct single
driver. If the "one HD with OS" is connected to a Southbridge
SATA port (SATA1, SATA3, SATA4 in the picture in the manual),
then you should use the Intel driver. And the reason you're
installing the RAID driver at this point in time, is so your
RAID0 array can work when this installation is completed.
The RAID installation must be done now, because the motherboard
BIOS setting must be set to RAID mode, so the RAID0 can work.
We're not installing the RAID driver, to make the "one HD with OS"
happy. We're installing that driver, so the RAID0 will work.
And you can't change the "Configure SATA As" setting later,
because then you won't be able to boot the computer. That is
why it must be RAID and use a RAID driver.

Paul
From: ijones on
Hi, I have just installed my old Win XP Pro. I always install it.
In Device Manager I see a yellow "?" with this writing: PC Device.
Audio doens't work, this is my bigger proble. Perhaps that davice is
fo audio driver? But I am not sure because in Controller Audio, Video
there are drivers.
I have tried to install that driver from PC Device but it doesn't find
the driver. Then I have opend the CD with SO and I have clicked on
AsusSetup in Audio folder. In a vindows I see this writing:
Does not support this operating system: WNT_5.1P.
help me please!
thanks

From: ijones on
I have solved my problem with audio when I have installed Realtek
Audio driver.
thansk