From: ijones on
Hi, I'm sorry my inexperience.
My PC has an Asus P5W GH Deluxe, and when I format my hardrive I
always have to click on F6 to install the SATA RAID Controller from a
floppy.
Now I have to format again and I need to find new drivers.
I have gone to Asus web site but I have seen very very old drivers.
Can you tell me the latest drivers for Asus P5W GH Deluxe, please?
thanks a lot
From: ijones on
I'm sorry, I have just made a mistake, it is Asus P5W DH Deluxe
From: Paul on
ijones(a)TOGLIinterfree.it wrote:
> Hi, I'm sorry my inexperience.
> My PC has an Asus P5W GH Deluxe, and when I format my hardrive I
> always have to click on F6 to install the SATA RAID Controller from a
> floppy.
> Now I have to format again and I need to find new drivers.
> I have gone to Asus web site but I have seen very very old drivers.
> Can you tell me the latest drivers for Asus P5W GH Deluxe, please?
> thanks a lot

There are some downloads here.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Matrix+Storage+Manager&ProdId=2101&LineId=1090&FamilyId=40

Unzip the contents of the download and copy them to a floppy.
Press F6 to install them. This is for AHCI or RAID. I checked
and it lists ICH7R Southbridge.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17883/eng/f6flpy3289.zip

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_0104.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller"

Your floppy should already be formatted. Then, you copy the files
over to the floppy. There will be a total of seven files
on the floppy diskette when you're finished.

*******

After the OS is installed, you can install this one. This is the
RAID Management application, which runs in Windows. It tells
you whether the RAID array is healthy or not.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17882/eng/IATA89ENU.exe

The above files are consistent with using a RAID array
connected directly to the Intel Southbridge. If your
hard drives are configured in some other way, please
provide information on which disk is connected to which
port on the motherboard.

Paul
From: ijones on
Thanks alot for your suggestion.
Is it better I will install the new chipset too?
What is the precise file, please?

From: Donald White on
Paul,

Is there a procedure for updating these drivers on a running system? I
still use the original from when I built the system.

Thanks,

Don