From: geekygURL on
Sorry -- I should have stated Help > Tutorial. That's when the error comes up.

[q][i]Originally posted by: [b][b]Newsgroup User[/b][/b][/i]
> No, it's the tutorial that came with the program. Under Help, I choose
> View Tutorial...and then I get that error.

There's no View Tutorial option in Authorware 7. There is a Tutorial link,
but that takes you to the help files which give you further instructions.

Steve

--
Adobe Community Expert: Authorware, Flash Mobile and Devices
http://www.magnoliamultimedia.com

You need to go to MAX - http://adobemax2007.com/na/

[/q]

From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
When you choose the option does the help window appear on the screen? What
operating system is this?
Try opening the help window with F1, then switch back to Authorware and try
the tutorial link.

HTH,
Mike
====================
Mike Baker
Adobe Community Expert
mike-baker(a)cox.net

From: Steve Howard on
> Sorry -- I should have stated Help > Tutorial. That's when the error comes
> up.

There's an error message?

Come on. Play fair. If you don't actually give us any information, we can't
actually help you.

Please give details of the error message.

Steve

From: geekygURL on
Are you guys busting my chops or something? Read the thread...the entire error
message is there as well as the system. :-)

<<The error message I get says:

"The window named "mainwin" passed to HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been specified."

This is on an XP SP2 system.>>

:-)

From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
Who US? ;-)

Did you try opening the help file and then choosing the item in the menu?
Search where Authorware is installed, is there a awusing.chm file? The
HH_GET_WIN_TYPE constant is used by the HtlmHelp api. It's supposed to be
able to connect the Authorware application (with the "mainwin" name) to the
HTML application running separately. You could try reinstalling Authorware
over itself or uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Mike
====================

> Are you guys busting my chops or something? Read the thread...the entire
error
> message is there as well as the system. :-)
>
> <<The error message I get says:
>
> "The window named "mainwin" passed to HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been
specified."

> This is on an XP SP2 system.>>
>
> :-)

First  |  Prev  |