From: David H. Lipman on
From: "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>

| Hello, FromTheRafters!

| You wrote on Mon, 3 May 2010 20:15:59 -0400:

F>> Windows Defender caught it out when I saved it to the desktop as
F>> TR/Crypt.Morphine.Gen

F>> ClamWin has it as Trojan.Hacdef-29 (on demand only scanner)

| MS Defender got it here too.

| never/the/less /ALL/ those files are off-line now.

| Happy testing.

All those files were OLD!

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hi David,

Monday May 03 2010, David H. Lipman writes to All:

> From: "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>

>| never/the/less /ALL/ those files are off-line now.

> All those files were OLD!

Yeppers.. there is lots of new viral /available/ on the WWW, many many bad
sites around. :( Just gotta know were the sites are.

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... We scheduled a meeting of the minds; his didn't show up.
From: gufus on
Hi FromTheRafters,

Monday May 03 2010, FromTheRafters writes to gufus:

> Avira detects it as TR/Crypt.Morphine.Gen but only after a I
> initiated the scan manually.

Really...

Gard didn't detect it? It should have as soon as it was witten to disk,
Assuming you have Gard set to do that.

Like always, with AV programs your "millage varies"
--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:info(a)gypsy-designs.com
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... MURPHY'S LAW: If anything can go wrong, it will.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>

| Hi David,

| Monday May 03 2010, David H. Lipman writes to All:

>> From: "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>

>>| never/the/less /ALL/ those files are off-line now.

>> All those files were OLD!

| Yeppers.. there is lots of new viral /available/ on the WWW, many many bad
| sites around. :( Just gotta know were the sites are.

HacDef isn't "viral". It s a nasty trojan.

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>

| Hi FromTheRafters,

| Monday May 03 2010, FromTheRafters writes to gufus:

>> Avira detects it as TR/Crypt.Morphine.Gen but only after a I
>> initiated the scan manually.

| Really...

| Gard didn't detect it? It should have as soon as it was witten to disk,
| Assuming you have Gard set to do that.

| Like always, with AV programs your "millage varies"

Depends on the "Archive" type settings.

--
Dave

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last