From: antioch on

"Danny Howell" <Danny Howell(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Today I also accepted the
> - ATI Technogies Inc - Other Hardware - ATI PCI Express (3GIO) Filter
> Driver

Silly thing to do - was your GPU broken/not working?

> If anyone has any information for me as to how i can fix this problem.
> Please email me at DannyHowell(a)hotmail.co.uk

Yum, yum - another email for my spam collection - reply in this group if you
have a solution - then it will be for the benefit of ALL and not just one.
After all, that is what newsgroups are for.

> Thanks,
>
> Danny Howell

Rgds
Antioch

From: allstarrob on

Your referred fix for the probelm worked great tell others! a BIG
THANKS!

--
allstarrob
allstarrob's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=35275

http://forums.techarena.in

From: David on
Hello. I used this procedure from "Antioch":

1. Go to Device Manager (To access device manager, Go to
START/CONTROL PANEL/SYSTEM & MAINTENANCE/SYSTEM/DEVICE MANAGER

2. Expand "SYSTEM DEVICES"

3. Find "ATI PCI EXPRESS (3GIO) FILTER DRIVER" and delete it.

4. Reboot

5. Check and make sure "ATI PCI EXPRESS (3GIO) FILTER" has been
deleted.
If it has not, restart at step 3.

6. If it has been deleted, Reboot 1 or 2 more times and then your
computer should be OK.

However I couldn't delete that driver, so i did that in other way. I just
chose "Return driver changes" (I don't know how it is called in English,
because I have czech Vista.) Then restart your pc and it should work properly.

I hope this will help you and solve this big actual problem.

Best regards,
David
From: David on
Ok, None off the above have worked, so what to do...??

From: antioch on

"David" <David(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, None off the above have worked, so what to do...??

Sorry to hear that - it has worked for a couple of others.
I just passed it on in the hope it would.
Antioch