From: Chris Gordon-Smith on
On 2010-06-01, root <NoEMail(a)home.org> wrote:
> Chris Gordon-Smith <use.address(a)my.homepage> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to all who answered. Here is what I ended up doing:
>>
>> 1) Go to http://bbcstreams.com/ to get URLs like
>> http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r4.asx
>
> My mplayer will play this URL directly
>

>> listenlive.eu also looks good - thanks.
>>
>> 2) Type the following at a console
>>
>> amarok http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r4.asx
>>
>> 3) Right click on the stream and open Track Information
>> 4) Copy the URL
>>

>> This will be something like:
>> mms://wmlive-acl.bbc.co.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/
radio1_bb_live_eq1_sl0?bbc-uid=64ea5ede11a6bcfd52d2
d114315eae1abd55a6e5e0a0a1d4e4af19e7b2861$

>> 5) Remove everything after the first = sign. Eg:
>> mms://wmlive-acl.bbc.co.uk/wms/bbc_ami/radio1/
radio1_bb_live_eq1_sl0?bbc-uid=

>> This is a stream that can be played with mplayer
>
> My mplayer will not play that. It just times out.

Odd. It works fine for me

From: Justin C on
On 2010-06-04, Chris Gordon-Smith <use.address(a)my.homepage> wrote:
> On 2010-06-03, Davey <davey(a)example.invalid> wrote:

[snip]

>> Is that all? <grin>

[snip]

> Thanks. The BBC ones seem to work. What I was missing was that for .asx URLs,
> you have to use the -playlist option with mplayer

Gebus H Christmas, does no one know how to follow up? What the hell
happened to this NG? 621 lines repeated (again) with a two line
addition. It used to be that this was one of the few places that you
could be sure that people knew how to post to usenet.

Please, please, please read <URL:http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855>

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
From: Chris Davies on

Bruce Stephens <bruce+usenet(a)cenderis.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I always just use iPlayer nowadays [...]

Am I allowed to say that I (still) use get-iplayer?
Chris
From: spike1 on
And verily, didst Chris Davies <chris-usenet(a)roaima.co.uk> hastily babble thusly:
> Chris Gordon-Smith <use.address(a)my.homepage> writes:
>> Does anyone know how to access BBC radio streams without using the
>> iPlayer web interface?
>
> Bruce Stephens <bruce+usenet(a)cenderis.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> I always just use iPlayer nowadays [...]
>
> Am I allowed to say that I (still) use get-iplayer?

Didn't think it worked anymore.
--
| spike1(a)freenet.co,uk | "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?" |
| Andrew Halliwell BSc | |
From: jasee on
spike1(a)freenet.co.uk wrote:
> And verily, didst Chris Davies <chris-usenet(a)roaima.co.uk> hastily
> babble thusly:
>> Chris Gordon-Smith <use.address(a)my.homepage> writes:
>>> Does anyone know how to access BBC radio streams without using the
>>> iPlayer web interface?
>>
>> Bruce Stephens <bruce+usenet(a)cenderis.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I always just use iPlayer nowadays [...]
>>
>> Am I allowed to say that I (still) use get-iplayer?
>
> Didn't think it worked anymore.

Doesn't videolan player work with these streams in Linux? it certainly works
well enough in Windows

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Drive problem