From: Owain on
Ubuntu 9.04 and a Konica 2430 DL on USB

I can get a Ubuntu test page from the printer management screen (GPL
Postscript version 3010 revision 864) and I can print from Firefox.

I cannot print PDFs from either Acrobat or Evince. The print jobs show
up as completed in the print jobs list.

Owain

From: Owain on
On 1 June, 15:30, Owain wrote:
> Ubuntu 9.04 and a Konica 2430 DL on USB
>
> I can get a Ubuntu test page from the printer management screen (GPL
> Postscript version 3010 revision 864) and I can print from Firefox.
>
> I cannot print PDFs from either Acrobat or Evince. The print jobs show
> up as completed in the print jobs list.

Well, the print jobs must be ending up somewhere if not the printer?

Owain

From: rich on
On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 05:25:29 -0700, Owain wrote:

> On 1 June, 15:30, Owain wrote:
>> Ubuntu 9.04 and a Konica 2430 DL on USB
>>
>> I can get a Ubuntu test page from the printer management screen (GPL
>> Postscript version 3010 revision 864) and I can print from Firefox.
>>
>> I cannot print PDFs from either Acrobat or Evince. The print jobs show
>> up as completed in the print jobs list.
>
> Well, the print jobs must be ending up somewhere if not the printer?
>
> Owain

You probably need to give the clever peeps here a bit more info.

but

upgrading from mepis 8 to mepis 8.5 I had a couple of teething problems
setting up a pdf virtual printer and the test pages ended up in /var/
spool/pdf-cups right next to /var/spool/cups which might be a place to
look first. Worth a try.

--
rich
From: Owain on
On 6 June, 17:37, rich wrote:
> >> Ubuntu 9.04 and a Konica 2430 DL on USB
> >> I can get a Ubuntu test page from the printer management screen (GPL
> >> Postscript version 3010 revision 864) and I can print from Firefox.
> >> I cannot print PDFs from either Acrobat or Evince. The print jobs show
> >> up as completed in the print jobs list.
> You probably need to give the clever peeps here a bit more info.

If I knew what info to give I would give it!

> but
>
> upgrading from mepis 8 to mepis 8.5 I had a couple of teething problems
> setting up a pdf virtual printer and the test pages ended up in /var/
> spool/pdf-cups right next to /var/spool/cups which might be a place to
> look first. Worth a try.

I don't have a var/spool/pdf-cups and I'm not allowed in var/spool/
cups

I can print to PDF okay, just not print the PDFs to the printer.

Owain

From: unruh on
On 2010-06-06, Owain <spuorgelgoog(a)gowanhill.com> wrote:
>> You probably need to give the clever peeps here a bit more info.
>
> If I knew what info to give I would give it!
>
>> but
>>
>> upgrading from mepis 8 to mepis 8.5 I had a couple of teething problems
>> setting up a pdf virtual printer and the test pages ended up in /var/
>> spool/pdf-cups right next to /var/spool/cups which might be a place to
>> look first. Worth a try.
>
> I don't have a var/spool/pdf-cups and I'm not allowed in var/spool/
> cups

If you are not the sysadmin, why not discuss your problem with the
sysadmin.

> I can print to PDF okay, just not print the PDFs to the printer.
>
> Owain
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: BBC Radio Streams