From: Nathan_Dallas on
I've tried both of those suggestions and the same problem still exists for me.

Nathan

From: Little Cupcakes on
These proposed solutions were ineffective for me as well.

Can qmgr.dll and qmgrprxy.dll be deleted (assume that dllcache should be
involved?) and then a reinstall of BITS be performed?

Note Paca's suggestion is the same as "rd /q /s
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloaýder""

Help me Obi-Wan...You're our only hope

From: TaurArian on
Have you checked here:

Make sure that the Remote Procedure Call Locator is not disabled:
Click Start, select Run and type in: services.msc
Locate " Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator".
If it is disabled, then right click on it, go to 'Properties', change to
'manual' and Apply.
Try starting Bits again

From: Little Cupcakes on
Yep, that service is up and running.