From: mmuthig on
Bingo....Thank you very much....You cannoy believe how many things have
broken as a result of uninstalling NAV.

From: vames on
David,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post. I guess I'm lucky, I've
only been trying for a couple of days to fix the windows update
problem. You post did the trick.

And yes, I did uninstall Norton Systemworks recently.

Thanks again,

Max

From: Blizzard on
Seems that these fixes aren't working for my Win 2k SP4. Haven't had
updates for months now with no fix in sight. Any otehr suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance.

From: Robert Aldwinckle on
"Blizzard" <david.goncalves(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Seems that these fixes aren't working for my Win 2k SP4. Haven't had
> updates for months now with no fix in sight. Any otehr suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.

Since you haven't done anything more than tack your "Me too!"
into this old much abused thread I suggest you start your own
new Subject and provide sufficient details that someone can
try to help you.

Since you have mentioned your OS (Thank you.)
Try searching in here for other posts about it.
There are some particular issues involving the W2Ksp4 Update Rollup.
See for example, the discovery by poster Dave Hawley that that update
may not do a good job a checking for pre-reqs. He found (using MBSA 1.2.1
but not MBSA 2.0) that he was missing MDAC 2.8 and a sufficiently
current level of XML 3.0 support.

<Title>Windows 2000 SP4 Update Rollup 'Sticking' in Windows Update</TITLE>

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?pg=2&p=1&tid=0f6673b6-7fa7-4b5b-9cb4-6754993ebac3&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us

> Thank in advance.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle