From: Snit on
"Szymon von Ulezalka" <atavus(a)interia.pl> stated in post
f96d018a-c0d0-41a7-b92e-04f9823a57e3(a)o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com on
12/11/08 3:27 PM:

> On 11 Gru, 22:08, 7 <web_has_em...(a)enemygadgets.com> wrote:
>> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/242520/teacher-threatens-to-call-the-cops...
>>
>> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! GWAD ALMIGHTY!!!!
>>
>> Praise be to the Lord for the uniformed teachers of today
>> for providing everyone with free laughter !!!
>
> /me readed about it on ubuntuforums.org yesterday...
> but i dont think that this is a good reason to laugh... remember- she
> is a teacher...
> btw, is it in us or uk?

Better question... is it anything but a hoax? Likely it is. Might not
be... but who knows?

--
"For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user

From: Folderol on
On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:51:10 -0700
Snit <usenet(a)gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> "Szymon von Ulezalka" <atavus(a)interia.pl> stated in post
> f96d018a-c0d0-41a7-b92e-04f9823a57e3(a)o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com on
> 12/11/08 3:27 PM:
>

> > /me readed about it on ubuntuforums.org yesterday...
> > but i dont think that this is a good reason to laugh... remember- she
> > is a teacher...
> > btw, is it in us or uk?
>
> Better question... is it anything but a hoax? Likely it is. Might not
> be... but who knows?

Why bother to make something like this up when there are, unfortunately,
so many real examples to chose from?

I have had the misfortune to come across a number of 'Karen' types over
the years. They seem to gravitate towards teaching, social services or
politics.

--
Will J G
From: Snit on
"Folderol" <folderol(a)ukfsn.org> stated in post
20081212000307.73c45c36(a)debian on 12/11/08 5:03 PM:

> On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:51:10 -0700
> Snit <usenet(a)gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>> "Szymon von Ulezalka" <atavus(a)interia.pl> stated in post
>> f96d018a-c0d0-41a7-b92e-04f9823a57e3(a)o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com on
>> 12/11/08 3:27 PM:
>>

>>> /me readed about it on ubuntuforums.org yesterday...
>>> but i dont think that this is a good reason to laugh... remember- she
>>> is a teacher...
>>> btw, is it in us or uk?
>>
>> Better question... is it anything but a hoax? Likely it is. Might not
>> be... but who knows?
>
> Why bother to make something like this up when there are, unfortunately,
> so many real examples to chose from?

Free publicity for Linux.

> I have had the misfortune to come across a number of 'Karen' types over
> the years. They seem to gravitate towards teaching, social services or
> politics.

Do not get me wrong: I *am* a teacher and I have seen far more than my fair
share of "Karen"s, but this just seems a bit over the top. Not much, mind
you... and no so much it could not be real. :)

--
"In order to discover who you are, first learn who everybody else is. You're
what's left." - Skip Hansen

From: Jerry McBride on
7 wrote:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/242520/teacher-threatens-to-call-the-cops-over-linux.html

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! GWAD ALMIGHTY!!!!
>
> Praise be to the Lord for the uniformed teachers of today
> for providing everyone with free laughter !!!

Wait till she hears those magic letters.... G... P... L...
Oh God!

*****************

From the desk of:
Jerome D. McBride

19:47:34 up 15 days, 2:50, 3 users, load average: 2.55, 1.73, 0.84

From: Ian Rawlings on
On 2008-12-12, Folderol <folderol(a)ukfsn.org> wrote:

> Why bother to make something like this up when there are, unfortunately,
> so many real examples to chose from?

It does smack of a made-up story, like the "Council bans christmas and
renames it "winterval" to prevent offending minorities" skit. Take
something that might happen, amplify it 10 times and write a story
about it.

Remember all those hoax emails that used to do the rounds about
Microsoft donating money if you forwarded an email, and stories about
people driving with their lights off being gang members on an
initiation and if you flash your lights at them, they will follow you
home and kill you, and all that sort of thing?

http://youtube.com/user/tarcus69
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarcus/sets/