From: JBJ (4920) on
I finally found a Distro where everything worked, OpenSuse 11.3, and now
before I "mess it up" I like to back it up to my external HDD. I thought
PING 3.0 (PartImage Is Not Ghost) would do it as it has done for other OS,
but no - it does not work with EXT4.

So what will you suggest?

I prefer a graphical UI and something run from a boot CD.

In advance I say thank you for all your suggestions:)

--

Mvh / with kind regards

JBJ (4920)

From: J G Miller on
On Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 at 10:37:51h +0200, JBJ \(4920\) declared:

> I finally found a Distro where everything worked, OpenSuse 11.3

It is rather strange though that now you have installed a distribution
where everything works, you do not actually use it.

Do you not consider openSUSE 11.3 adequate for reading/posting to UseNet?

> So what will you suggest?

I think that this software would be most appropriate to your capabilities
and needs --

Back In Time

<http://www.makeuseof.COM/tag/backup-restore-data-and-files-easily-time-linux/>

Home page at <http://backintime.le-web.ORG/>
From: mjt on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:31:33 +0000 (UTC)
J G Miller <miller(a)yoyo.ORG> wrote:

> It is rather strange though that now you have installed a distribution
> where everything works, you do not actually use it.

> Do you not consider openSUSE 11.3 adequate for reading/posting to
> UseNet?

JBJ's the one, IIRC, who came out here originally looking
for a GNU/Linux distro that looks and acts like Windows.

--
Absence makes the heart go wander.
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

From: Aragorn on
On Tuesday 27 July 2010 19:42 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying as
mjt wrote...

> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:31:33 +0000 (UTC)
> J G Miller <miller(a)yoyo.ORG> wrote:
>
>> It is rather strange though that now you have installed a
>> distribution where everything works, you do not actually use it.

>> Do you not consider openSUSE 11.3 adequate for reading/posting to
>> UseNet?
>
> JBJ's the one, IIRC, who came out here originally looking
> for a GNU/Linux distro that looks and acts like Windows.

How about this one?

http://www.mslinux.org

:p

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: J G Miller on
On Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 at 12:42:14h -0500, Mjt wrote:

> JBJ's the one, IIRC, who came out here originally looking for a
> GNU/Linux distro that looks and acts like Windows.

Yes that is correct.

I am rather surprised that he did not go with PC Linux OS

<http://pclinuxos.COM/>