From: MZB on
Well, folks, I finally did spring for a new laptop: A Compaq Presario for
$299 at Best Buy.
It had good reviews on the BB site.

Now a backup question.

I have been using Acronis True Image 10 Home to back up my computers (all
XP). The package does not mention Windows7. (The highest is Vista).

Does anyone know if it would work on this machine?

If not, any suggestions for a reasonably-priced easy-to-use understandable
backup program?

Mel

From: Mark Opolo on
They say Win 7 is supported

http://www.acronis.co.uk/homecomputing/products/trueimage/requirements.html

From: MZB on
On 6/26/2010 11:51 PM, Mark Opolo wrote:
> They say Win 7 is supported
>
> http://www.acronis.co.uk/homecomputing/products/trueimage/requirements.html
>
> "MZB"<moo(a)noway.prudigy.net> wrote in message
>> Well, folks, I finally did spring for a new laptop: A Compaq Presario for
>> $299 at Best Buy.
>> It had good reviews on the BB site.
>>
>> Now a backup question.
>>
>> I have been using Acronis True Image 10 Home to back up my computers (all
>> XP). The package does not mention Windows7. (The highest is Vista).
>>
>> Does anyone know if it would work on this machine?
>>
>> If not, any suggestions for a reasonably-priced easy-to-use understandable
>> backup program?
>>
>> Mel

I have Aconis 10, not 2010.

Mel
From: Mark Opolo on

"MZB" <mzb(a)prudigy.net> wrote in message
> On 6/26/2010 11:51 PM, Mark Opolo wrote:
>> They say Win 7 is supported
>>
>> http://www.acronis.co.uk/homecomputing/products/trueimage/requirements.html
>>
>> "MZB"<moo(a)noway.prudigy.net> wrote in message
>>> Well, folks, I finally did spring for a new laptop: A Compaq Presario
>>> for
>>> $299 at Best Buy.
>>> It had good reviews on the BB site.
>>>
>>> Now a backup question.
>>>
>>> I have been using Acronis True Image 10 Home to back up my computers
>>> (all
>>> XP). The package does not mention Windows7. (The highest is Vista).
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if it would work on this machine?
>>>
>>> If not, any suggestions for a reasonably-priced easy-to-use
>>> understandable
>>> backup program?
>>>
>>> Mel
>>>

> I have Aconis 10, not 2010.

ahh then it appears not to....Acronis is very good (I use 10) so it might
pay to upgrade.

From: RnR on
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 23:29:40 -0400, "MZB" <moo(a)noway.prudigy.net>
wrote:

>Well, folks, I finally did spring for a new laptop: A Compaq Presario for
>$299 at Best Buy.
>It had good reviews on the BB site.
>
>Now a backup question.
>
>I have been using Acronis True Image 10 Home to back up my computers (all
>XP). The package does not mention Windows7. (The highest is Vista).
>
>Does anyone know if it would work on this machine?
>
>If not, any suggestions for a reasonably-priced easy-to-use understandable
>backup program?
>
>Mel

Not supposed to be but I never tried it. If you do try it be sure to
test both the backup and restore because you don't want to backup and
then find out you can't restore your files in an emergency.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Thanks for the info!
Next: New Inspiron Problem