From: John Pollard on
Bartt wrote:
> [...]
>> Word); especially if your financial institution doesn't format the
>> OFX nicely. To do that, "Save" the OFXlog while in Quicken ... that
>> will create a Windows .txt file of the log, which you can then work
>> with in an editor or word processor.
>>
>>> 2) I generated a QELLOG file & I can see at least one example where
>>> a x'action appears in the file twice. I'm not an expert in analysis
>>> of the info, but both appear to have the same FITID. There are some
>>> slight variations in the info in the records, but they're very
>>> close. One has a status "new" and the other is "processed"
>>
>> I haven't worked with the QELLOG to any meaningful degree, just
>> generated a couple and took a quick look.
>>
>> My understanding is that there should not be two exactly equal
>> FITID's for the same account with the same fi, in your Quicken data
>> ... not even one in your account register and the other in the
>> "Accept transactions ...." window. An FITID that is already in your
>> data should prevent any transaction from the same fi for the same
>> account, with that FITID, from ever getting as far as the "Accept
>> transactions ...." window. It may be in the downloaded data
>> (OFXlog), but it shouldn't appear in Quicken.
>>
>> I don't know what the distinction between "new" and "processed" in
>> QELLOG represents in Quicken. If the FITID's (or accounts, or fi's)
>> were different, I might think one transaction had already been
>> "Accepted" ("processed"), and the other was in the "Accept
>> transactions ..." window as a "New" transaction. But I'd just be
>> guessing. Do you have an account where you have accepted some of the
>> downloaded transactions, but there are still others which you have
>> not yet "processed"?
>>
>> If you note the data in each QELLOG transaction, I would think you
>> could locate the two transactions in your Quicken data ... and see
>> what relationship they have to each other.
>>
>> If you were willing to post the data from the two transactions with
>> the same FITID, in the Quicken Live Community (you could probably
>> scrub any truly sensitive information first), the post might get
>> Intuit's attention. You could provide the background of your
>> original post in this discussion, explain you ran QELLOG and say you
>> didn't think there should be two transactions in your Quicken data
>> from the same account at the same financial institution with the
>> same FITID, and ask what the meaning of "new" and "processed" is.
>> Intuit might answer, and you and quite a few other people could get
>> some useful info. Or not.
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Pollard
>> Your source of user-to-user Quicken help- Hide quoted text -

> OK. I've got about 1/2 dozen x'actions waiting to be "Accepted" that
> have Matched against x'actions that I manually posted.
>
> I've saved my OFXLOG as it exists today.
>
> Do you recommend Accepting the downloaded x'actions & waiting until
> the dups show up when my statement closes, or should I leave them in

I'd be inclined to Accept the existing transactions, and look at things
again after the dups show up.

> On another side note, a day or two after I posted here, I posted this
> issue in the Quicken Community Q&A, under "Downloading and managing
> your accounts and transactions". Is that what you're talking about
> when you say "Quicken Live Community"? I wasn't impressed w/
> Quicken's Q&A. It assumes that a "reply" means the question has been
> "answered" & doesn't lend itself to dialogue. The most a poster can
> do is attach some comments, unless I'm missing something...

I don't know anyone who likes the Live Community user interface. It is
definitely not friendly to "dialog" ... but one works around the problem.

The user who initiates a "reply" decides whether they think they have an
"answer" or just want to make a "comment". The user who asked the
question can mark an answer as having "solved" the problem, just been
"helpful", or do nothing. Other users, may decide to award a point to an
answer that they like.