From: Happy Trails on
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:13:03 -0500, John H Meyers
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>Sympatico.ca, bell.ca and bell.net
>all seem to lead to the same client instructions for email:
>
>http://internet.bell.ca/index.cfm?method=content.view&content_id=1067
>
>http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cfm?content_id=1067&method=content.view
>
>Repeating info found in a thread already mentioned:
>
>Port 995 with SSL -> SSL:"Required, Alternate Port"
>
>Port 587 with TLS -> "Allow auth" + "Use 587" + SSL:"StartTLS" (either one)
>(The "Use 587" check box appears in Eudora 6.2.3.4 and later,
>of course the latest is the best: 7.1.0.9)
>
>"User name: Email address (e.g: jsmith(a)sympatico.ca or jsmith(a)bell.net)"
>[the forum user who didn't succeed had not followed this instruction]
>
>For $6/month you can subscribe to "PC Care" from Bell,
>which claims to even give support for Eudora:
>
>http://internet.bell.ca/index.cfm?method=content.view&content_id=17170
>
>Apparently you can subscribe, ask for help with Eudora, then cancel,
>thus obtaining all the support you need for only a one-time $6 fee,
>unless the support they have to offer is only the equivalent of
>"here's the Eudora site address, go there for answers" :)

=================

The trouble with these certificate thingees is that they are valid
just long enough for someone who is not a complete nerd to forget what
they are and how you get a new one when the old one is expired!

Mine had expired and it wasn't till now that I had the time to look at
my Eudora to see what happened.

I remembered there was a log file, and a quick perusal told me the
problem.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: SMTP Outgoing Mail