From: Whatcher? on

"The Old Bloke" <no(a)remove.com> wrote in message
>I have had a look at this new offering from Bigpond but have not yet tried
>it.
>
> Are films compressed and what is the average size of the download? BP say
> that the film will probably be deleted after 7 days from my computer. How
> do they do that?
>
> I don't know how people currently illegally download films, but if there
> is a legal way for a small fee, I'm sure someone will find how to keep the
> film file active on computers.
>
> Regards

Store it on a computer that has a date set before you downloaded it.

From: Whatcher? on

"DalienX" <somewhere(a)earth.com> wrote in message
> The Old Bloke wrote:
>
>> I have had a look at this new offering from Bigpond but have not yet
>> tried it.
>>
>> Are films compressed and what is the average size of the download?
>> BP say that the film will probably be deleted after 7 days from my
>> computer. How do they do that?
>>

>> Regards
>
> I'm looking into this myself, one thing i have noticed is it claims to
> be an unmetered site (for bigpond customers only of course) which means
> the downloads wont count to the monthly download limit.
>
>> I don't know how people currently illegally download films, but if
>> there is a legal way for a small fee, I'm sure someone will find how
>> to keep the film file active on computers.
>
> I usualy use bittorrent for movies/tv shows.
> I dont see how telstra can stop someone burning an movie they have
> downloaded, once its on a dvd how can telstra delete it ? lol.

Go look at www.lynda.com. Unless you know what you are doing more than most
who are here in this newsgroup, you can only VIEW the media, not save nor
burn it.

Obviously, those that know what they are doing in reality can get around
that.

> Unless the movie comes in such a stuffed up format that no current
> burning program will know what to do with it..

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Next: Canon printer waste ink message