From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> I was updating my XPS 435T\9000 with bios A15 when about
> 16% into the update it stalled.

Ooops!

> Can someone provide suggestions as to how I can recover from
> this problem.

I had a much older Dell Dimension L566cx do the almost same thing. It
did complete the BIOS flashing routine and then it restarted. But
after that, it was dead to the world.

It took a LOT of tries to get the recovery procedure to work. The
system usually just sat there and made an angry "buzz" noise over and
over.

I think you're going to have to call Dell on this one, because the
documentation for this system has no information about any possible
BIOS recovery modes, diagnostic LEDs (it's hinted that they exist, but
at no point is a location or meaning given) or how to provide a BIOS
image to the machine.

William
From: Scrumbs on
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Dell is to send me a replacement
motherboard. The board must have been failing and the update helped it on
its way. That's my thought anyway.

From: Bob Villa on
On Mar 9, 6:23 am, "Scrumbs" <joe...(a)sisterisles.kn> wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions guys!  Dell is to send me a replacement
> motherboard.  The board must have been failing and the update helped it on
> its way.  That's my thought anyway.
>
> "Scrumbs" <joe...(a)sisterisles.kn> wrote in message

> > I was updating my XPS 435T\9000 with bios A15 when about 16% into the
> > update it stalled.  I waited what I considered a long time, after about 40
> > minutes I decided to do a forced shutdown. When I tried to boot the
> > processor starts but nothing appears on the monitor.  Can someone provide
> > suggestions as to how I can recover from this problem.
>
> > Thanks

Good work...and Best of Luck!

bob