From: Scrumbs on
I was updating my XPS 435T\9000 with bios A15 when about 16% into the update
it stalled. I waited what I considered a long time, after about 40 minutes
I decided to do a forced shutdown. When I tried to boot the processor starts
but nothing appears on the monitor. Can someone provide suggestions as to
how I can recover from this problem.

Thanks

From: MJMIII on
To the best of my knowledge you can't. Newbie's should never mess with BIOS
updates unless your having a specific problem that the new BIOS will fix,
and even then someone qualified should handle the update.. Did you read the
instructions before you ran the new BIOS? The first thing it says is NEVER
shut down while it's updating. Unless someone here can walk you through
dangerous territory, you're pretty much screwed.

Good luck!

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Scrumbs on
Thanks for the admonishment but I have been updating bioses for about 20
years and never had a problem. And the Dell website said it was a
recommended update. Once the manufacturer post an update I have always
updated once I confirm the update was for my computer.

From: Christopher Muto on
Scrumbs wrote:
> I was updating my XPS 435T\9000 with bios A15 when about 16% into the
> update it stalled. I waited what I considered a long time, after about
> 40 minutes I decided to do a forced shutdown. When I tried to boot the
> processor starts but nothing appears on the monitor. Can someone
> provide suggestions as to how I can recover from this problem.
>
> Thanks

the a15 update released on 3/2/2010 is so new that it is possible that
it is defective. call dell and see what they say. this wouldn't be the
first time that dell released a defective bios update. the only other
possible solution would be to set the machine into production mode and
load a new bios, but dell doesn't make the necessary software publicly
available. if the bios update is defective then hopefully they will
replace your system board and pull the defective bios from their
download page.
From: MJMIII on
I didn't mean to smack you like that. I've run into this too many times and
the cause was almost always user error.
No blood - no foul. :)