From: barrowhill on
I've restored system to yesterday and performed all installs except KB976002.
This was indicated as High Priority and though now hidden is eeident that t
has been hidden. Why or Why!!. This should be optional. Just because EU
won it's case Microsoft shouldn't go belly up in a fit of pique . The'venow
provided the wherewithall as demanded by EU; it users choice to perform.
I've installed firefox and an alternative to IE - I use both. I don't need
dictating to or being forced to do something. Lets make it optonal.

From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello Harry,

I'm not Barrowhill, but a final screen shot and description of the Internet
Explorer “ballot screen” that will roll out across Europe shortly.
<http://microsoftontheissues.com/cs/blogs/mscorp/archive/2010/02/19/the-browser-choice-screen-for-europe-what-to-expect-when-to-expect-it.aspx>
-=-

From: MowGreen on
The EU *forced* MS to do this. The High Priority given to this "update"
was dictated by the EU. You need to direct your complaint towards them,
not MS.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-02-24 11:29 a.m., barrowhill wrote:

> Harry,
>
> Just type "browser choice" into google and there you'll find post showing
> screen shot

No such luck, but Engel's URL gave me something to look at.

I very much doubt that there isn't a way to bypass the selection process. What
happens if you choose "Select Later"? Or just close the window?

Harry.

--
Harry Johnston
http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com
From: FrankV on
You are correct about the EU forcing Microsoft to do this. Try to argue with
the EU to get rid of this (joke).

Frank