From: Ottmar Freudenberger on
"ybS2okj" <ybS2okj(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> You are the only one to blame yourself. Microsoft patches are a complete
> and utter waste of time and you can stop them by going to Security Centre
> and turning off Automatic Updates. I don't get any updates and so my system
> is as secure as possible.

That's plain BS and you're aware of that. Do you really think, that running
your avast! toy does resolve the security issues which are *needed* to be
fixed with updates?

> There is no evidence that Microsoft updates are making computers any safer.

LOL

> If at all, people's machines are becoming less safer because of these
> patches. For example only a few days ago "Gordon" complained that his
> system is ridden with viruses and he was blaming me for not patching my
> system. Apparently, if I don't patch my system, he is the one who gets
> viruses!!. Now this is bizarre!!.

Have you ever heard about Bot nets? Obviously not.

> I have therefore, concluded that it is the M$ patches making his system
> weaker.

I have the strong impression that "not only" your unpatched Windows XP SP3
is weak.

Bye,
Freudi
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Do you think MS chose to do this? Do you ever read a newspaper or listen to
the news?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:44:33 +1300, Harry Johnston [MVP] wrote:
> Looks like this is legit:
>
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976002>
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976002
>
> (Gee, thanks for the heads up, MS!)

The Browser Choice Screen for Europe: What to Expect, When to Expect It (19
February 2010)
http://microsoftontheissues.com/cs/blogs/mscorp/archive/2010/02/19/the-browser-choice-screen-for-europe-what-to-expect-when-to-expect-it.aspx
--
~Robear