From: barrowhill on
MowGreen,

The EU required MS to unbundle IE from the OS. MS chose to provide a
browser choice update so you can pick your own - one or more. Providing it
as high priority update ? yes ?, as without a browser you going nowhere;
optional ? why not? most people will already have a browser downloaded and
installed other than IE. But notwithstanding either, MS should have offered
an additional choice button of, for example "choice already installed" and
thus disabled the choice window from appearing again. You need a browser to
get the update!

From: barrowhill on
Harry,

Selecting later only ensures choice screen opens next boot/open IE, as does
just closing it down. Irrespective of any of these choices. Next time you
restart PC and open IU up pos the choice window. If you close IE then open
in current PC session then no choice window appear. Seem only happens on
startup/restart

From: Rob on
Yes I agree. It should be seen that Microsoft have abided by the EU ruling
by notifying us about the choice of browser we use, but then it should be up
to the end user to say, ok I've made my choice, now stop pestering me. I
don't know why Microsoft didn't think of that one.

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-02-25 4:04 a.m., barrowhill wrote:

> Harry,
>
> Selecting later only ensures choice screen opens next boot/open IE, as does
> just closing it down. Irrespective of any of these choices. Next time you
> restart PC and open IU up pos the choice window. If you close IE then open
> in current PC session then no choice window appear. Seem only happens on
> startup/restart

OK.

Next guess: choose IE, as this is already installed, nothing will happen. Probably.

Harry.

From: Ash on
If you are running windows vista, check your start-up programmes. To check this,
Start -> All Programs -> Startup

If that programme is in startup folder, delete it.

THIS IS JUST TO CHECK. I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/Browser-Choice