From: Ed O'Brien on
Thank you, Jean. I also have installing set to manual and I wish I had done
the same as you and ignored it. As it is I have done a System Restore which
got rid of it. Now it is the only one sitting in "Windows Update".

(Sorry aboout the rude elements in the thread... Not my usual style in front
of a lady)!

From: MowGreen on
Hide it by clicking the update icon and UNchecking the box next to it.
Click OK, then in the next window that opens put a check in the box next
to " Do not offer me this (these) update(s) again or I'll kill
you " or some similar verbiage to that effect. <w>

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

From: Gene E. Bloch on
On 2/27/10, MowGreen posted:
> Hide it by clicking the update icon and UNchecking the box next to it. Click
> OK, then in the next window that opens put a check in the box next to " Do
> not offer me this (these) update(s) again or I'll kill
> you " or some similar verbiage to that effect. <w>

I think the correct text is "Do not offer me this update again or I'll
kill you *twice*"

Just my way of saying your post helped make my day...

--
Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com

From: Smirnoff on
Fortunately, I DID manage to avoid the "Choice" update.

You say that using System Restore got rid of it, great. However, other
posters are reporting that using SR does NOT remove it from their system and
are being advised to use a registry hack to stop it running.

Could it be that it depends on the OS whether SR works or not?

From: Dr_No on
Thank you Ottmar and Smirnoff - interest and help much appreciated.
"Ottmar Freudenberger" <freudi(a)gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Dr_No" <Dr_No(a)totalise.co.uk> schrieb:
>
>> My OS is XP Pro SP3. I have installed the new browser choice update on
>> my
>> desktop computer, but although it is shown in the list of installed
>> updates,
>> there has been no desktop shortcut appearance, nor is there anything else
>> show its presence. I have Firefox 3.6 already installed as well as IE 8.
>
> As long as Fx (Firefox) or any other browser than IE is set as your
> standard browser, that's expected what to happen (AFAIK).
>
> Bye,
> Freudi

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7